Author Topic: TV Programme location - North Yorkshire Woodland  (Read 2237 times)

Walking Englishman

I have been contacted by a TV production company. Their mail reads:-

"We are looking for woodlands in North Yorkshire to film on. We are working on a brand new television programme for ITV provisionally called The Holiday Show, it is a primetime ITV pilot that follows three different families, with three very different holidaying styles as they compete to win their next great getaway by proving that their holiday is best.

One of our families holidays is wild camping, whereby they camp somewhere that has no facilities, a stream nearby and somewhere to cook over a campfire that they will build. The family have been wild camping for many years and even run their own Bushcraft business, so understand the rules surrounding camping in the wilderness.

We are looking for a location to film their holiday, which is based in a woodlands with a small clearing for tents and potentially somewhere that is isolated/remote and the likelihood of having other people around to be quite slim. Any help in locating somewhere like this would be amazing."

Any ideas on where to suggest?
I'm a walker on the edge of my perception. We're all travellers at the edge of our perceptions.

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member
Re: TV Programme location - North Yorkshire Woodland
« Reply #1 on: 00:01:06, 19/10/16 »
With the permission of the Forestry Commission it may be worth considering Dalby Forest. This is not far from Pickering on the edge of the North York Moors National Park and covers a pretty large area.
If the Commission would allow it - they are likely to know the best 'secret' places where you could locate your filming.
Only a hill but all of life to me, up there between the sunset and the sea. 
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 07:34:32, 19/10/16 »
If they have someone experienced in wild camping who have "been wild camping for many years" you'd have thought they could suggest numerous places  :-\
Where there's a will ...

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 08:41:50, 19/10/16 »
If they have someone experienced in wild camping who have "been wild camping for many years" you'd have thought they could suggest numerous places  :-\
If ITV are sanctioning it they will have to do it legally, with the landowners permission, but you would still think that the family would have ideas.

Walking Englishman

« Reply #4 on: 11:27:07, 19/10/16 »
Experienced wild campers maybe, but perhaps not in the area. I'll ask. Anyway, thanks for the replies.  ;)
I'm a walker on the edge of my perception. We're all travellers at the edge of our perceptions.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy