Author Topic: Re-gluing seam tape  (Read 863 times)

Skirrid

Re-gluing seam tape
« on: 17:01:36, 31/10/19 »
Hi. I have a Goretex hard shell which still has a lot of life in it but the seam tape has come unstuck in places. What products do you guys use for re-gluing the tape?

fernman

• Veteran Member
Re: Re-gluing seam tape
« Reply #1 on: 17:09:29, 31/10/19 »

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 17:14:49, 31/10/19 »
I had that problem a few years ago. I'd bought a Blacks Goretex jacket (it's still in my garage) and the seam tape was the first thing that fell off. I visited a camping shop and they sold me a length of 1" wide stick-on tape, it kept my jacket going for another two years or so. The problem is I can't remember where I bought it and can't remember if it was just stick-on or iron on? Old age??? If you find such a product I'd go for it. One thing I do remember though is stripping out all of the old tape, which when measured was my guide of how much of a length to buy.

Skirrid

« Reply #3 on: 17:25:50, 31/10/19 »
Thanks. I had seen McNett, but the description on these products always seams (sic) to refer to mending tears (mostly in tents).

I'm currently ruling out replacing all the tape, as it's not that serious.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 19:14:38, 31/10/19 »
I had good results with Copydex.
Solvitur Ambulando

NeilC

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 18:27:08, 08/11/19 »
On the few occasions I've done it, I've peeled off the tape as far back as required, until I reach a part where it's properly stuck. Then replace the tape with new tape, which is iron on.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy