Author Topic: TR - Scafell Pike from Great Langdale  (Read 1153 times)

- Dave -

• Veteran Member
TR - Scafell Pike from Great Langdale
« on: 12:46:07, 15/09/19 »
A late start to avoid the weather, timed it nicely to arrive on the summit as the clouds were breaking. Is this the longest route to Scafell Pike?

https://allthegearbutnoidea.blogspot.com/2019/07/scafell-pike-from-great-langdale.html

I'm on the internet!

Check out my blog here:

http://allthegearbutnoidea.blogspot.co.uk

214/214 Wainwrights

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
Re: TR - Scafell Pike from Great Langdale
« Reply #1 on: 16:50:40, 15/09/19 »
Great photos Dave  O0
***Happiness is only a smile away***

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 18:34:34, 15/09/19 »
What a great walk, Dave - all the better because Failrwright didn't meticulously categorise and catalogue it.  ;)
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 15:15:31, 16/09/19 »
Great TR and pics, Dave, as always.

Richard, I am not sure why you feel it necessary always to point out your disdain for those who chose to take on the challenge of completing a round, or more, of the fells described in Wainwright's books, but it seems a bit misplaced on a walking forum.  Can't you just live and let live? In another thread I have out forward several reasons for completing a round.

WhitstableDave

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 15:55:09, 16/09/19 »
Many thanks for the excellent report (I studied the full version on your blog) and many photos.  O0

After three consecutive summer walking holidays in Scotland punctuated by a couple of weeks in Snowdonia and a week in the Peak District, my wife and I have decided we're going to spend a week or two in the Lake District next year.

We last visited the Lake District at least 20 years ago, and that was well before we walked for pleasure. Your TR is exactly the sort of thing to ensure the Lakes will be our next destination and I'll try to remember to copy your route (unless it's copyrighted!  ;) ).
Walk, Jog, Run : our YouTube video channel.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 21:29:49, 16/09/19 »
Post Deleted - this is not the place
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Sarah Pitht

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 21:27:57, 18/09/19 »
What a great route - fabulous walk and photos! (I’m jealous - especially of your views from Bowfell. I’ve been up there twice - and twice in clag.) Maybe you could reverse it one day and then you could fit in the Climbers Traverse as time would be on your side.

One thought - did you nab Rossett Pike on your way up? In clear weather it provides the most amazing views of Mickleden, The Langdales and Bowfell.

What have you got planned next?

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy