Author Topic: A short walk from Great Ayton  (Read 2872 times)

fit old bird

• Veteran Member
A short walk from Great Ayton
« on: 18:54:54, 17/09/19 »
On Sunday I was on my way to Saltburn and thought I would make a stop before I got there and have a walk. Free parking next the stream that runs through it. I had a plan to go to the Cook Monument, then to Roseberry Topping, and back. It didn't quite work out that way.

Got lost in Ayton Banks Wood, started raining, went back down to the road and gave up, raining more heavily now. Five miles covered.

Is the Insert image thingy not working now?

ilona

fit old bird

• Veteran Member
Re: A short walk from Great Ayton
« Reply #1 on: 18:55:53, 17/09/19 »
delete.  smileys not working either

Warbler

« Reply #2 on: 20:50:54, 17/09/19 »
I had the same problem a few weeks ago, immediately after a Microsoft update. I still can't use the insert image or smiley buttons on Microsoft Edge.

I now use Internet Explorer for this site, and it works fine  :)

fit old bird

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 09:56:00, 18/09/19 »
I had the same problem a few weeks ago, immediately after a Microsoft update. I still can't use the insert image or smiley buttons on Microsoft Edge.

I now use Internet Explorer for this site, and it works fine  :)

Yes, my problems started after a Microsoft update. Must look into doing this in a different way.
ilona

fit old bird

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 10:46:08, 18/09/19 »
Yes, my problems started after a Microsoft update. Must look into doing this in a different way.
ilona

I've just been talking to my computer man and he says 95% are now using Edge. He said that the forum should update their software to work with Edge. He said I have to get the updates as they arrive because that keeps my computer safe and secure. He suggests that I make up a closed group account on Facebook to store my photo's, that might work to transfer them to here. He said I could search for Internet Explorer, I found the link to click on it, but I am reluctant to do that, because I don't want to install anything which might muck things up. He said nobody uses it.
ilona

fit old bird

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 11:27:13, 18/09/19 »
Let's try this. Copied from my new Facebook page.

Nope, not working. I give up. Spending too much time on this computer. If anyone wants to see my pictures please go to my blog. Thank you.

ilona

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 13:15:24, 18/09/19 »
I had the same problem with Microsoft Edge, ilona - I've switched to Google Chrome and everything works just fine  :)
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 15:16:36, 18/09/19 »
I still use Internet Explorer as my browser of choice - Walking Forum works fine, other web sites don't, like Flickr and some weather forecast sites. I use Firefox for Flickr and Edge for other websites. I have all three web browsers on my computer, I don't have any problems.

I am using Edge at the moment and I can't add smileys using it either.
Hate will never win

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy