Author Topic: (TR) The Purple Palette  (Read 1010 times)

midweekmountain

• Veteran Member
(TR) The Purple Palette
« on: 13:16:44, 15/10/15 »

I am a big believer in variety and using a walk as an excuse to make the most of a day, so I am always on the lookout for another activity or event that can make a good day into something quite memorable.

Several years ago one of my climbing partners was manager of one of the regional offices of the Yorkshire Post one day hr told me he had lost the office diary and there was a mad panic on.  Apparently  local papers organise their seasonal timetable using a local event diary its their bible.

He eventually found it BUT what a great idea thinks I so I set one up myself based on outdoor activity events and natural seasonal events I would be interested in. It works brill as everything seems to follow the same pattern of weekends every year.

Today the weather looks dodgy in the west so we go decide to go east Its August so the heather is blooming, consulting my it diary tells me that there is a vintage car rally on in Swainby in the North Yorkshire moors so off we trot to do the 12 mileish Scugdale Horeshoe with exrtras.

Bingo the weather man has got it right, the heather is stunning, we drop down to the new Lordstones Cafe that is packed. Then up and along a section of the Cleveland way that has always been one of my favourites and looking especially stunning today.

By the time we get back to Swainby its four in the afternoon,  get an ice cream from the local shop and walk into the car rally where hey want a fiver  of each of us, daylight robbery at this time of day when all the exhibits are packing up and going home.

So we go outside and find a convenient bench by the road out of town where we get the best view of the old cars in action for free.

Hope you enjoy the photos.

Yes it truly was a picture

Even the vintage cars were joining in the purple theme

I loved this old timer, fort I owed it to him to make the photo look authentic

Well you have to laugh

Best seat in the house and best of all cos its free!!!!!!!

Rhino

• Veteran Member
Re: (TR) The Purple Palette
« Reply #1 on: 19:27:50, 15/10/15 »
Love the picture that looks like an oil painting  :)
Wainwrights Completed 12/12/15

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy