Author Topic: Great forum! Cheers!  (Read 497 times)

humansnail

Great forum! Cheers!
« on: 21:35:05, 09/02/18 »
 This might seem like a daft post to make but......

Just wanted to say thanks to all the regular posters on here. O0 You lot are a goldmine of information! It must seem like a thankless task answering peoples questions and queries on here but I'm really appreciative of the fact that you do. Even if the original poster doesn't reply, somebody will still read your response and take something from it. The only things I have ever posted on here are questions and I always feel a bit guilty! Thoroughly enjoy reading though and do so regularly. This forum seems quite different to many others, people don't seem to look down their noses at people who know less. From reading this forum, I've learnt tons about gear (still pretty clueless....but significantly less so!), places to visit  and about 3 or 4 years ago got inspired to go wild camping which I now spend every holiday doing -  thanks to all the great trip reports!. When I first started reading this forum I had never been to the lakes, now done close to 100 Wainwrights and got myself to skye, assynt , cairngorms and torridon over the last few years. Probably wouldn't have happened if I hadn't of stumbled across this place.

My post count will probably always remain low as I prefer to read instead of post but just wanted to let you know that all of your detailed, kind and knowledgable posts are appreciated!

So – no real point to this thread other than saying thanks! Brilliant forum! What a canny bunch! Have a great weekend! O0
I'm not promoting anything or looking for a pat on the back. Pat yourselves on the back! :)

Welsh Rambler

• Veteran Member
Re: Great forum! Cheers!
« Reply #1 on: 21:48:55, 09/02/18 »
It's not a daft post humansnail just an appreciative one so well done for acknowledging the wealth of information people pass on to help and encourage others  O0

Regards Keith

Skip

• Veteran Member
Re: Great forum! Cheers!
« Reply #2 on: 22:32:45, 09/02/18 »
Awww, thank you Human Snail  :)
Skip

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy