Author Topic: Pseudonyms. (WHY)  (Read 6204 times)

Dizzy

• Veteran Member
Re: Pseudonyms. (WHY)
« Reply #15 on: 15:27:23, 18/04/08 »
Just in case mine isn't blindingly obvious from my posts I'm more than a bit dizzy!

Deerplay

« Reply #16 on: 23:16:39, 18/04/08 »
Years ago I was asked for a username when registering with some online thingy. I'd just come back from the Pub (The Deerplay) and couldn't think of anything better at the time. I wish I'd thought of a better monicker but as a previous poster said, these things stick. Real name is Alex
Will this wind be so mighty as to lay low the mountains of the Earth?

kkm

« Reply #17 on: 23:46:53, 18/04/08 »
why not???

kkm is actually a shortened version of a pseudonym i use on another forum, where they shortened it to kkm.

was also known as copacabana on another forum which is a link to my show biz roots.

i guess like others i didn't want to use my proper name as i'm a bit shy........ :)

summerfield

« Reply #18 on: 11:10:01, 19/04/08 »
Guess what this is my surname so tried to change it but couldn't but will have another go. :o
support mountain rescue - get lost

chorleydave

« Reply #19 on: 13:12:22, 19/04/08 »
My name's dave and I live in Chorley>  ;D

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 17:40:47, 25/04/08 »
Hm .. compared to some of the other replies on here, mine is kind of pathetic .. it rhymed and it was related to walking  :-\ My surname is certainly not Blister.

Personally, though, I like the anonymity. Though I have built up several friendships through this forum, I didn't join it intending to, just wanted a place to share ideas and pick more experienced persons heads.

Here's the geeky part - I like some of the usernames: False Summit Veteran, Deerplay, Kidstypike - great names. I often go "ooo" when someone joins with a new interesting name - though I should be stoned and pelted for saying so, lol.  And Howard, I don't think you should change your name, Howardfernlover is great, it sets you apart.  O0

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 21:11:42, 26/04/08 »
Summerfeild what do you want to change your name to? :-\
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

timus

« Reply #22 on: 18:36:57, 06/05/08 »
My name is Spartacus.
« Last Edit: 19:21:31, 06/05/08 by timus »

andybeck

« Reply #23 on: 21:13:45, 06/05/08 »
My name is Andy and I live by a small river ;D

titaniumdude

« Reply #24 on: 23:13:45, 06/05/08 »
Why not use a pseudonym?  After all these forums are meant to be a bit of fun.  Then there was the case of that dude who used his real name and posted his real location on his public profile only to find that the bloke he had a heated argument on the forum in question had gone to said location, consulted the electoral register and then turned up on his doorstep with a pickaxe handle.  These people are out there. ;)
I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing

False_Summit_Veteran

« Reply #25 on: 15:27:47, 07/05/08 »
Mine is just about injecting a bit of sparkle a little bit of on topic pantomime.  Say's more about my walking than my sunday name ever could, although I am slightly envious of "Solofool".  That's a quality description for when I get the itch and cant talk anyone else in to coming!

And Mr Blister, thanks for noticing.   8)
Any Moel's a goal.

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #26 on: 18:05:07, 07/05/08 »
And Mr Blister, thanks for noticing.   8)

I'm always willing to highlight a fellow geek!  No worries!  O0

Sansovino

« Reply #27 on: 10:09:13, 08/05/08 »
I too like the anonymity, just in case I get involved in an argument or people think I'm stupid!

For the record, Sansovino was a steam engine, an A3 pacific, designed by Sir Nigel Gresley (same class as Flying Scotsman) and was named after a horse, in this case the Derby winner of 1924 - it 'raced 6 lengths clear through a sea of mud' - sounds like my walking!

My real name is a mundane Ian  :-[

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy