Author Topic: Bowfell  (Read 2639 times)

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
Bowfell
« on: 16:01:45, 06/05/08 »
Just done a lovely walk a round Bowfell in the Langdale area.........  Which was ace.

Stayed at the National trust camp-site.  Couple of piccy below.  Weather was awesome, sunny quite windy though but not a problem....... Seen two crazy guys running from one tarn to the other naked ??? They seen to off been enjoying themselves note no picture of them.....   :)

peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

garyr

• Veteran Member
Re: Bowfell
« Reply #1 on: 12:06:40, 08/05/08 »
Great pictures, Bowfell is a brillaint mountain, we haven't done it for a few years, planning to do it via the climbers traverse and the great slab next time. I take it you were talking about the 'three tarns' when you saw the chaps running from one tarn to the next? They wouldn't have done that a couple of weeks ago when we were up there!

Gary ...

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 17:28:48, 08/05/08 »
Yeah that the one's the Three Tarns, it was funny though to say the least all we could hear were applause,laugher and screams from the guys running into them it was hilarious to watch I must say!!!!!!! 
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 21:20:10, 08/05/08 »
Fantastic photo's WG.., Hey by anycance are you 2 catching any of the Keswick festival this year ? im really hoping to, as i'll be back in Glenridding again from the 16th  to the  19th May im hoping to travel down to it on the 18th and catch abit of it with some of the group. Hey WG once again great photo's your quite the photographer. O0
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

Dazza

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 23:45:53, 10/05/08 »
Excellent pick and report WG. Absolutely spot on.

Wish  I could do the lakes more often I really do.
Dazza
--------
These boots were made for walking so that's just what I'll do. After I've re-proofed them of course...

Ian s

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 13:35:58, 12/05/08 »
A Contender for my fave Lakeland Fell, especially if you leave the Band before 3 Tarns and follow the Climber's Traverse path then onto the great slab a la Julia Bradbury in Wainwright's Walks. Not as daunting as it sounds.
Nice one WG and thanks for considerately not posting pictures of screaming naked men.

Ian
www.mountainfreedom.co.uk
www.mountainfreedom.co.uk - Guided walking, scrambling and mountain skills throughout Scotland and further afield

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 11:11:09, 21/05/08 »
A Contender for my fave Lakeland Fell, especially if you leave the Band before 3 Tarns and follow the Climber's Traverse path then onto the great slab a la Julia Bradbury in Wainwright's Walks. Not as daunting as it sounds.
Nice one WG and thanks for considerately not posting pictures of screaming naked men.

Ian
www.mountainfreedom.co.uk

Lol mebee nxt time, I get a good capture shot of them just for you Ian? Lovely weather we had and a great walk...

Darksky not catching on any of the Keswick festival!!!! To much walking to be had.  Within our weekend, back to the Lakes this weekend three days walking round Crickle crags and over to Striding Edge not sure which route were planning. Than mebee Monday a quick walk round somewhere

clean it bin it

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 21:44:47, 21/05/08 »
I did'nt catch any of the festival myself, i was happy enough up glenridding dodd. :)
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

greenman

« Reply #8 on: 12:08:39, 23/05/08 »
Bril photos WG, looks like you had a good day.
greenman

wbmkk

Bowfell
« Reply #9 on: 23:08:41, 03/07/08 »
Brilliant photos.

I'm itching to go their myself, as per my other post this evening.

I just hope my first backpacking venture goes without any problems.

Regards !

Mr Sam

« Reply #10 on: 21:41:56, 18/07/08 »
I was just up their the other day on Thursday. From a wild camp at Angle Tarn we walked up and over Esk Pike and Bowfell. It was a glorious walk but it just wouldn't stop raining on us.
"I've run out of map... Hold on"

wbmkk

« Reply #11 on: 22:13:12, 18/07/08 »
Mr Sam

We too camped at Angle Tarn on Saturday night

We had climber Crinkle Crags & Bowfell, but sadly my 50 yeat old legs were not quite as fit as they used to be.

We did enjoy it though and will be going again soon

Any suggestions for another great route

The Bowfell Spring via the Clinder Traverse was good, but kinda scarey for the family

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy