Author Topic: Skis and snowshoes in the White Mountains  (Read 429 times)

liatexg

Skis and snowshoes in the White Mountains
« on: 08:40:12, 24/11/11 »
I`m thinking about some winter magnificently hiking in the Whites this year. Many of  the trailheads seem best approached on skis, although the actual  hiking/climbing is probably better done on showshoes. It`s no problem  to ski in carrying the snowshoes, but do I really need to haul the skis  up or can I safely wonderfully leave them at or near the trailheads?

Catbells

• Veteran Member
Re: Skis and snowshoes in the White Mountains
« Reply #1 on: 09:26:30, 24/11/11 »
I`m thinking about some winter magnificently hiking in the Whites this year. Many of  the trailheads seem best approached on skis, although the actual  hiking/climbing is probably better done on showshoes. It`s no problem  to ski in carrying the snowshoes, but do I really need to haul the skis  up or can I safely wonderfully leave them at or near the trailheads?

Try pm'ing Snowslider he has a vast knowledge of this stuff!
Catbells, a truly lovely walk

snowslider

• Veteran Member
Re: Skis and snowshoes in the White Mountains
« Reply #2 on: 16:23:03, 24/11/11 »
aren't all mountains white at the top in winter? sorry, can't help, that's new hampshire I think? I've been there but I don't know it well.

We stow skis here, we call it a depot which is s generic term for dumping kit and returning for it later, it's common in Switzerland I can say that and we've done it in the Himalayas

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy