Author Topic: Carbo Gels  (Read 997 times)

Berty Allen

Carbo Gels
« on: 16:49:15, 08/10/08 »
I have seen these new carbo gels about and was wandering if anyone has any experience of using them? if so are they any good???

Cat

Re: Carbo Gels
« Reply #1 on: 18:08:17, 08/10/08 »
To be honest I think they're horrid, they're expensive and unless you're doing an ultramarathon etc I wouldn't bother.  Personally I prefer Asda's own brand isotonic drinks, the citrus one is really nice and does the trick, the gels are really hard to swallow, and I prefer to pop jelly babies and other nice things which cost less and go down far better.  My other half is a marathon runner and thinks gels are a waste of space and impossible to swallow if you're working hard, he's a powerade man (he earns more than me  >:()

vertigo girl

« Reply #2 on: 18:30:32, 08/10/08 »
Hi Berty

My hubby uses these gels. He has diabetes and they are very useful as they are absorbed quickly. He takes them with him when he's out cycling. Not sure how much they cost though.

Carole

stevieboy378

« Reply #3 on: 18:51:30, 08/10/08 »
I stopped buying energy drinks once I discovered Nutrisport Energy Boost at my local Health shop :

http://www.nutrisport.co.uk/estorepro/proddetail.asp?productid=EB&catid=3&oc=0

I add a dessert spoon of the powder to a litre of water, plus a little Robinson's squash to vary the flavour - its as good as a any energy drink on the market . . .
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ! . . .
. . . .except the weasels." - Homer Simpson

Steve Wilcox

ogy

« Reply #4 on: 19:14:30, 08/10/08 »
I like them because they take up little space, I've only ever used them whilst running and only find them effective on anything longer that 1/2 marathon.

Last year when I did the Lyke Wake and was approaching Jugger Howe I felt like a couple would have come in pretty handy

Ogy
There is no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing. - Sir Ranulph Fiennes

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy