Author Topic: Where are folks walking this weekend?  (Read 245379 times)

Chris954

Re: Where are folks walking this weekend?
« Reply #2370 on: 20:36:38, 10/02/18 »
hoping to start off at the car park next to Ladybower and climb up Win Hill, Head north west along the ridge then drop down to the reservoir edge and back, about 6.5 miles according to Garmin basecamp

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2371 on: 01:18:44, 11/02/18 »

The paths around Tintagel are wonderful.   Have a great break Mel.

Was Mel there too? I didn't spot her ;)

Coastpath was fine of course but the linking path down from Westdowns was atrocious. NT land, they had been clearing the scrub and then let cattle in to churn it up even better and at the bottom of the valley in the flooded woodland the rotten stile was only held up by the loose strands of barbed wire - a danger to walkers and beasts.
YHA Tintagel is a lovely cosy hostel - newly refurbished with excellent facilities inlcuding a wood burner and glorious sea views - a bit blowy on Thursday night.

Most walks start by finding the way out of the car park

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2372 on: 16:55:42, 11/02/18 »
Had a nice bimble around Beverley Westwood today in my favourite winter walking conditions.... Brilliant sunshine and bitterly cold.  Only 3 miles but it was lovely.  Underfoot conditions weren't bad either.  Think I'll add this one to my meagre list of reasonably mud-free local winter walks that don't involve tonnes of road walking  :)

No expense spared in pursuit of a bargain ;)

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2373 on: 09:49:01, 12/02/18 »
My brother's girlfriend came to stay for the weekend and we had a walk down to South Head on the Pennine Bridleway, then back to the car over Brown Knoll and on the Chapel Gate Path. It was very cold and windy and we had all sorts of weather during the course of the afternoon but it was all good fun!  :)

Moorview

« Reply #2374 on: 21:30:29, 12/02/18 »
Walked round Salwarpe.Near a town but feels miles into the country with fantastic views.

pdstsp

« Reply #2375 on: 08:33:26, 14/02/18 »
Pressure of work meant a weekend in the office for me.  But - I've managed to find a room in Braithwaite this Saturday so hoping to have two good days out on the fells, and a couple of beers and a bite to eat in the Royal Oak. [/size]

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2376 on: 09:39:54, 18/02/18 »
Took advantage of a window of sunshine yesterday afternoon to have a ramble over Stanton Moor and Oaker Hill from Rowsley. Hadn't walked there before and it was an interesting location with some great views.