Author Topic: Where are folks walking this weekend?  (Read 573089 times)

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are folks walking this weekend?
« Reply #2355 on: 09:12:44, 12/01/18 »
Off to Wales early tomorrow morning for a walk in the Llangollen area, then staying over and doing a walk to take in the Pistyll Rhaeadr waterfall on Sunday.
Sort of a treat to myself before having my op next week! :D
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Bhod

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2356 on: 11:51:52, 13/01/18 »
Up early tomorrow for a trip across to Ullswater and the Fusedale round.
I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake.

tom83

« Reply #2357 on: 13:10:04, 13/01/18 »
Hopefully off to Settle in the morning, for a day of waterfalls, caves and kilns.

Confident I won't oversleep this weekend.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2358 on: 13:47:16, 13/01/18 »
More local, out of the door walks for me this weekend.

Don't get me wrong, it's nice to be out in the fresh air and it's great that it isn't raining, but I'm feeling the urge to see and walk along something more than muddy crop fields and urban streets in the dark.

... think I'm going to have to start scheduling a "walking day" into my diary  O0

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2359 on: 22:07:22, 16/01/18 »
I'm probably going to jinx the wall-to-wall sunshine forecast for Saturday by saying this but.... I'm heading to the Dales  :D

Bhod

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2360 on: 08:17:33, 17/01/18 »
I'm probably going to jinx the wall-to-wall sunshine forecast for Saturday by saying this but.... I'm heading to the Dales  :D

Which weather forecast are you using Mel, all the ones I've looked at reckon more snow and wintry showers...
I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake.

tom83

« Reply #2361 on: 08:22:12, 17/01/18 »
Saturday is meant to be nice all day. Im planning a walk around Delamere Forest on Saturday.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2362 on: 08:22:49, 17/01/18 »

Hope the weather stays good for you Mel & you enjoy yourself!  8)   The cloud/mist was down over Cadair Berwyn on Sunday, so got no views whatsoever! It was another world entirely once we'd started climbing higher; thick fog, lots of ice underfoot, frozen snow, very windy....but I still enjoyed it. :)
Going back in Spring/Summer to see what I didn't see at the weekend! :D

I'll be in 'recovery' mode from tomorrow night onwards, so no walking for me this weekend :(
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2363 on: 18:20:23, 04/02/18 »
Had a couple of days local walking this weekend...yesterday's in mizzle and murk and today's in wall-to-wall sunshine.  Godda love British weather  ;D

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2364 on: 20:41:29, 05/02/18 »
Love little walk tor bagging around Peter Tavy yesterday.  Been resting my pulled groin for the past month, so it was good to get out and walk a few gentle miles.  Beautiful day, if a little nippy. I stopped for a butty and a cuppa, at Prowtytown Rocks.  I had no idea they were there all these years.  What a lovely tranquil  little spot, SX528745, so close to the busiest car park on Dartmoor. O0

photonut

« Reply #2365 on: 10:23:44, 06/02/18 »
I had a bit of a trek around the Lake District.  Started near Ambleside, then North-west and finished near Loweswater :)  Here's a piccy whilst sat having a cuppa on Black Crag whilst watching the RAF aircraft zoom along Windermere:

Next weekend... a bit more of the same :D

Cheers
Lee

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2366 on: 10:51:40, 06/02/18 »
Off to Tintagel for 3 days walking the coast and, hopefully, some inland paths - Cornwall is not noted for well waymarked and accessible paths.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2367 on: 14:08:07, 06/02/18 »
Annoyingly, Shearings holidays have given me a great deal of four days holiday, full board at any of their Scottish hotels, for a bargain £120.
As ive been a good customer of their's, they offered me four days for £120, but i am not venturing north in the current weather conditions.
If the weather had been more kind, i would have jumped at the offer, but visiting my friend in Deganwy this morning, the snow was chucking it down, and the Crimea Pass was like a scene from the Artic.
Ive no idea what the weather is like in other parts of the country, but Wales has been hit by serious snowfall last night.
I do not fancy driving a huge distance in questionable weather conditions,  bargain accommodation or not.

Tin

« Reply #2368 on: 14:41:43, 06/02/18 »
Off to Tintagel for 3 days walking the coast and, hopefully, some inland paths - Cornwall is not noted for well waymarked and accessible paths.

If you have time try to visit Chalice waterfall if you've never been before - it's a magical and beautiful place.

Have a great time wherever you go.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2369 on: 21:05:32, 06/02/18 »

The paths around Tintagel are wonderful.   Have a great break Mel.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy