Author Topic: Walking Shoes - Small Feet  (Read 851 times)

Sunshyne

Walking Shoes - Small Feet
« on: 11:01:12, 16/01/09 »
Hello All !!!

Hoping someone on the forum can help me. 

I'm new to walking and have signed up to do Hadrians Wall walk in a duration of a few days.

So am looking for some quality boots.  I have been to many outdoors shops including Ellis Bringham, Snow & Rock, Field & Trek, Mountain Warehouse & Cotswolds and from searching on the internet it seems all boots come in a ladies size 4 and above.  I'm a size 3 - and was told that being such a big walk its very important i find shoes that fit properly.  All the 4's are too big - no matter how many little additions i do to it to try and make them fit.

So - does anyone have any advice as to where i can find some decent boots in a size 3.  Kids dont seem to have a huge range at the places I went to and the material doesnt seem as good as the adults.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Ridge

• Veteran Member
Re: Walking Shoes - Small Feet
« Reply #1 on: 12:08:07, 16/01/09 »
Sunshyne, welcome to the forum.

Scarpa say that they do some of their womens boots from a size 36 which is somewhere between an English 3 and 3.5.
Their site http://www.scarpa.co.uk/Products/trek/All/Womens/ also gives stockists.

I suppose the only alternative is to buy childrens, which are cheaper, but you may have to buy them more frequently if the quality is not as good as adult boot.

the coot

« Reply #2 on: 15:34:30, 16/01/09 »
Ridge, the quality of some children's boots is extremely good (Meindl for example), but they are not designed for the weight of an adult.

kkm

« Reply #3 on: 23:47:54, 16/01/09 »
hi there.

I've also got small feet  - anywhere between size 3 and 4, depending on the shoe/boot.

I bought some boots last year.  I went to a local shop which has a very good reputation. Basically the guy measured my feet while i was sitting down (size 3) then again standing up - i measured a 4 1/2 .......

i ended up with a pair of brashers, which i absolutely love after my last pair (got ceremoniously (sp) binned after peninne way). 

I think what i'm trying to say is to go to a good shop which will measure your feet, and have an incline board for you to walk up and down. 

Plus a good shop will let you try them for a couple of weeks (although not outside of course) to see if they ok for you. 

What area are you in sunshyne?
« Last Edit: 21:54:25, 17/01/09 by kkm »

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy