Author Topic: Shoulder pain - backpack  (Read 554 times)

mattyd

Shoulder pain - backpack
« on: 13:50:31, 25/10/17 »
Hi All,

I was wondering is if anyone has any advice...

Im a photographer who carries 2 small cameras and 4 lenses - the total weight is between 5-8kg depending on lens combinations and what not.

My current backpack is a fairly well reviewed one - ProTactic 450 AW

My problem - After about an hour of walking I get a pain in my left shoulder either side of my clavicle - its kinda difficult to really point point the pain, but its there. I get no pain anywhere else, and the wight of the bag generally does not bother me in the slightest.

Im off to Norway next year for 10 days and lots of walking. I'm really hoping I can find a fix for this before I go

Anyway, any advice would be great!

kinkyboots

• Veteran Member
Re: Shoulder pain - backpack
« Reply #1 on: 14:21:33, 25/10/17 »
The rucksack fitting advice given in this previous thread may help http://www.walkingforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=34556.0

Carrying the weight on your hips and not your shoulders is crucial. Ensuring that the pack is adjusted and fitted correctly is what is required.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 14:38:37, 25/10/17 »
I have a Lightwave Fastpack 50L rucksack that makes my back ache and an Osprey 48L rucksack that doesn't. Do you suffer from a rucksack problem?

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 15:25:21, 25/10/17 »
Go to your doctor and get him/her to refer you to a physiotherapist. The latter should be able to diagnose the problem and treat it. There will probably be a long wait before your appointment but with luck it will be before your trip, depending on when next year it is. Or of course you can pay to see one quicker if you're able.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy