Author Topic: Highland vegan walkers  (Read 3010 times)

Skip

• Veteran Member
Re: Highland vegan walkers
« Reply #15 on: 18:50:38, 13/02/18 »
1 - Are you a vegan or interested in vegan food?
No and no

2 - Do you feel vegans are adequately provided for in the highlands?
Don't know

3 - Would you entertain eating in a vegan restaurant or cafe based in one of the popular highland destinations?
No
Skip

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 19:13:37, 13/02/18 »

1 - Are you a vegan or interested in vegan food?  I'm not a vegan but do, occasionally eat vegan food.

2 - Do you feel vegans are adequately provided for in the highlands? Haven't a clue. 'Fraid I've only been to the Highlands once.

3 - Would you entertain eating in a vegan restaurant or cafe based in one of the popular highland destinations? Possibly, though I wouldn't seek out such a venue specifically.

I do wonder if a vegan cafe/restaurant (in the Highlands or otherwise) would also use vegan washing up liquid and disinfectant products, vegan soap in the bathrooms, vegan utensils (some plastics have animal products in).  Would their staff also be vegan?  Wear vegan clothing and footwear.  How about the health and safety and environmental health legislations?  Would that allow for a truly vegan establishment?

I suspect most vegan establishments are less vegan than they would like you to believe or, perhaps, like to be.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 19:20:48, 13/02/18 »
I am a proxy-vegeterian.

Just finished googling proxy-vegetarian  ;D

To the OP

1. No. I am a vegetarian but interested in vegan food.

2. I don't know The Highlands very well so I can't answer this with any authority.

3. I have only been to the Highlands twice but I would be interested in eating in a vegan restaurant, wherever it is.
Hate will never win

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 20:31:01, 13/02/18 »
     I'm not a vegan but would happily eat vegan food

I don't know

3 - Would you entertain eating in a vegan restaurant or cafe based in one of the popular highland destinations?
      Yes

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 20:40:19, 13/02/18 »

No.

Shops sell pasta,rice and vegetables so I presume that vegans won't starve to death.

Yes,provided its not run by that Australian idiot from Liverpool Pig Save.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 22:14:16, 13/02/18 »
1. No nay never not ever.
2. Not something I'm qualified to answer.
3. For sure it's just food, if a little plain for my pallet.  I've eaten in a few vegan cafes, just because they were there and they sell food and I was hungry. O0

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 22:27:51, 13/02/18 »
I am looking for people to answer a couple of questions about access to vegan foods in the Scottish Highlands.
I am doing a study into how many people would be interested in a vegan restaurant in the Scottish highlands.  Would be really grateful if you could answer a couple of questions please. I am not trying to sell anything or promote any business, website, Facebook page or blog.  Thank you very much.

Right.  So.  Well.  Now you've got lots of answers to your questions.  I'd appreciate it if you could answer some of mine:

1. What made you post those questions on a walking forum?
2. Are you questions relevant to walking in any way, shape or form?
3. Does your chewing gum lose its flavour on the bedpost overnight?

Thanks in anticipation  O0

Addingham

« Reply #22 on: 07:18:35, 14/02/18 »

Right.  So.  Well.  Now you've got lots of answers to your questions.  I'd appreciate it if you could answer some of mine:

1. What made you post those questions on a walking forum?
2. Are you questions relevant to walking in any way, shape or form?
3. Does your chewing gum lose its flavour on the bedpost overnight?

Thanks in anticipation  O0

A bit cynical don't you think. ;D  Maybe a student immersed in there given project. ;)
« Last Edit: 07:26:03, 14/02/18 by Addingham »

Addingham

« Reply #23 on: 07:22:28, 14/02/18 »
There is  a vegan restaurant in Fort William, The Wild Cat cafe, opened about a month ago. No meat products sold there.
Wife & daughter love it! Haven't been in myself yet.

No meat products there? A surprise then for a Vegan cafe. ;D

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 09:00:15, 14/02/18 »
To be fair to the OP, they did come back and thank the first couple of people who replied - maybe they just haven't been online since yesterday teatime?

On another outdoors forum where they asked the same questions yesterday, they said they were thinking of opening a restaurant in the Highlands and just gauging opinion from the walking community who would (I imagine) be its main client base.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: 12:03:50, 27/02/18 »
There are a few in Devon

http://www.puritypetalcafe.co.uk/

http://www.samphirebrasserie.com/

These people don't look like they have a website but are in Exeter
http://www.veganfoodandliving.com/vegan-cafe-opens-exeter-city-centre/

Thank you for the links, Ridge. Barnstaple and Plymouth are a bit far from Exeter for an evening meal out but will look into 'Rabbit'.
Sorry it took me so long to reply but have only just returned from el Hierro (great walking island)
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy