Author Topic: Does anybody have one?  (Read 794 times)

The Wondering Wanderer

Does anybody have one?
« on: 18:13:11, 12/03/18 »
Hi all,

I've been looking at getting a lightweight tent that goes up fly first to keep the inner dry.

I've seen a few that look pretty good but think I might have settled on the mini peak ii.

Was just wondering if anybody had one that could give me an honest first hand opinion before I commit to buying it?

Or any other recommendations are always welcome too.

Thanks all.

Just read through this post in preview and for some reason the word recommendations just doesn't look right. I'm sure I've spelt it right though. Haven't I?
I'm wondering about wandering and wonder where I might wander if I wander while I wonder.

fernman

• Veteran Member
Re: Does anybody have one?
« Reply #1 on: 19:15:49, 12/03/18 »
Can I assume you've seen this?
http://www.campprimitive.com/2013/06/luxe-mini-peak-2-tent-review.html
It appears to be a genuine review, I don't think it's one of those thinly disguised ads.
The tent has been in production for a few years now, which suggests to me it is is successful.

One 'c' and two 'm's is correct.
Think of how you would spell 'commend' and then stick 're' on it.

The Wondering Wanderer

« Reply #2 on: 20:13:44, 12/03/18 »
I hadn't seen that review. Thanks for the link.

Think I'm pretty much sold. Especially as he said it's possible to get a 2nd inner to make it a 2 man. Although I asked about that on backpacking light and they said they didn't sell the inners seperately.

Looks like I'll have to try and find luxe outdoors' hong kong site. See if I can get one there. Not something I need imminently though.

Thanks, I was sure it was the right spelling. I was just looking at it and for some reason it just didn't look right.
I'm wondering about wandering and wonder where I might wander if I wander while I wonder.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 13:38:55, 13/03/18 »
When I bought mny Marmot Pulsar 1 I had the problem of having to erect the inner first, then the outer, not so easy to keep dry when its raining. Solved the problem by buying their own footprint. When raining I just secure the poles to the footprint, fit the outer tent, then get inside in the dry and secure the inner. A bit of a wriggle but easy enough to do.

shoarthing

« Reply #4 on: 14:55:12, 13/03/18 »
I hadn't seen that review. Thanks for the link.

Think I'm pretty much sold. Especially as he said it's possible to get a 2nd inner to make it a 2 man. Although I asked about that on backpacking light and they said they didn't sell the inners seperately.

Looks like I'll have to try and find luxe outdoors' hong kong site. See if I can get one there. Not something I need imminently though.

Thanks, I was sure it was the right spelling. I was just looking at it and for some reason it just didn't look right.
. . . Hi - worth checking that the interior dimensions of this mid suit you, with your usual pad/bag (or quilt). Many folk find the slopes to the inner touch their feet/face - tiresome, perhaps, in the rain.

You can find various (affordable) inners for mids by searching Aliexpress - “3f gear” make several.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy