Author Topic: Survey: What's the typical personality profile of a Walker?  (Read 4520 times)

Slogger

• Veteran Member
Es tut mir leid, aber Walking ist eine Freizeittätigkeit ist es nicht ein Sport.

I quite agree. Mostly!

sport-personality

Hello everyone,

Sorry, the survey was not meant to bother you!  :)
I also know what it's like to get new members and all they do is throwing out a new post asking for something to be done.
To be honest and as you might have noticed, I created this post to gain participants for my survey, so for a good reason.
We rely on your very help. The purpose of this study is to characterise different athletes of different sports, which has never been done before, at least not in this way and to this extent. To find possible differences, we need some people of any sport you can imagine and there are only limited possibilities  to get access to them. So we have to search in forums as the last chance, although we know about the attitude towards users like us.
So we rely on your help - you are "chosen ones".  :) If you would like to help us, it would mean the world to us! But if you're saying that you're upset about it, we're sorry for any inconvenience and we won't bother you in the future.

Have a nice day and greetings from Germany

Mel

• Veteran Member
To be honest, personally, I see posts like these as the on-line equivalent of marketing and survey phone calls – a bit of a nuisance and I would not answer questions over the phone about my lifestyle and hobbies so why should I on line via an untrusted source/link?.  As you are from Germany, you may be unaware of UK spam/marketing rules.  You would be better posting your questions here, on the forum, and collating the information from the replies.  That way, it provides a healthy (rather than sarcastic) discussion whereby the forum benefits too, and individuals who participate won’t be bothered by spam emails (you mention to get the results we have to provide an email address – this is only necessary if you’re harvesting data for marketing purposes as the results could be provided without it).

You also have to remember, the forum’s owner would prefer traffic being directed INTO the forum, rather than away from it via a link to some online survey from an individual or organisation who probably doesn’t have a love or passion for walking and will most likely contribute little to the forum in the way of advice, trip reports, photographs or banter – we’re unlikely to “get to know YOU” and you most likely are not interested in US.

However, thanks for logging back on and eliminating yourself from the no-so-high accolade of “One Hit Wonder”.

forgotmyoldpassword

• Veteran Member
Calling some walkers I've seen athletes made me crack a grin - not athletes unless olympic level cake munching was their specialty!

Mel

• Veteran Member

Now you're talking  :D

...is eating cake not what walking's all about  :-\

rural roamer

• Veteran Member

...is eating cake not what walking's all about  :-\

It’s the only time I don’t feel guilty eating it Mel!  ;D

Skip

• Veteran Member
Es tut mir leid, aber Walking ist eine Freizeittätigkeit ist es nicht ein Sport.

Ja, das ist wahr
Skip

Skip

• Veteran Member
... you are "chosen ones"...

Oh that makes it alright then! We are chosen. In the sense of randomly picked to receive forum spam.

Geh weg.

PS It was a faux "personality survey" on Facebook that captured personal date from thousands of people and millions of  their contacts.
Skip

madame cholet

• Veteran Member
Definitely cake eating which includes the challenge of tea shop bagging.
Great things are done when women and mountains meet.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy