Author Topic: Peak District Challenge Event 2018  (Read 710 times)

Peak District Challenge

Peak District Challenge Event 2018
« on: 11:15:37, 30/04/18 »
Hello all, I wanted to let you know about a charity event I’m involved with which may be of interest.  It is the Peak District Challenge. It is a picturesque trekking challenge that offers five levels of difficulty for hill walkers and runners: 10km (Back before Dark), then 25km (Copper), 50km (Bronze), 75km (Silver) or 100km (Gold Ultra). It's organised by Wilderness Development, an established o  utdoor activity company based in the Peak District.

When and where?

The Back Before Dark 10k runners challenge starts at 6.06pm on Saturday. You have one hour to complete the 10km run before dusk. Walkers can start at earlier, at 4.06pm.

All routes finish at Hathersage on Saturday evening, 22 September 2018

The Copper Challenge starts at 9.30am on Saturday, so the 9 hour finishing target is 6.30pm.

The Bronze challenge starts at 7.30am (wave 1) or 8.30am (wave 2) on Saturday, so the 12 hour finishing target is at 7.30pm or 8.30pm.

The Silver and Gold routes start at 9.00pm on Friday evening, 21 September 2018, so their 24 hour finishing target is 9.00pm on Saturday 22 September 2018.

In past years, the last trains home from Hathersage on Saturday evening are at 22:41 to Manchester, 23.15 to Sheffield (and we expect they will be at similar times again in 2018!)

We are running this event because we want to help people to challenge themselves and enjoying the stunning Peak District National Park. We also want to raise money for charity. We ask that participants either fundraise for their favourite charity, or if they do not wish to fundraise, make a donation to our chosen charity, S.A.L.V.E. International which supports homeless children.

You are encouraged to enter is a team of 3-5 people. Solo or duo competitors are only allowed on the longer (25-100km) challenges if they can show they have navigation experience or are willing to attend a navigation training course in advance of the event.

I hope to see some of you there, for more information on the challenge or to sign up please visit peak-district-challenge or see our facebook page.  

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy