Author Topic: Pain behind the knee  (Read 807 times)

Ronin83

Pain behind the knee
« on: 12:39:52, 24/07/18 »
Did a walk on Sunday and a severe pain on the back of my leg directly behind the knee started towards the end and is still bad now.
Ive had it once before, but it went within a day. Seems worse and more persistent this time. I only walked about 20km so nothing extreme.
I had plans for a few trips walking consecutive days, but now I'm concerned if I can't even get through one bloody day!

I will go see the doc I guess, but anyone had this? Any ideas?

Ronin83

Re: Pain behind the knee
« Reply #1 on: 12:41:16, 24/07/18 »
Oh, to add...
Did a short swim in a lake last night which seemed to temporarily help a bit. No pain during swimming so must be load bearing issue?

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 15:21:33, 24/07/18 »
I hope it is nothing like my recent problem. Very obvious pain behind the knee but also pain at my Iliac Crest hip bone. Eventally diagnosed as Iliotibial Band Syndrome, took nearly four months to heal. All gone now. I hope yours disappears quickly.

tom83

« Reply #3 on: 17:25:11, 24/07/18 »
Sounds like very similar symptoms of a strained ACL (Anterior Cruciate Ligament). I did strained mine last year by simply standing up from a squatting position and felt an intense pain behind my knee, which got gradually worse as walked, along with a strange scratching feeling as I bent my leg.

A trip to the walk in centre and I was told to take ibroufen and rest my leg. I also bought myself a knee support which helped massively, and the pain eventually went after a couple of weeks.

Ronin83

« Reply #4 on: 22:26:33, 24/07/18 »
Interesting. Could be a variety of things to be honest. Doc said the usual, take anti inflammatories and see how it goes. God, im so sick of this cover the symptons culture.
The human body should be able to take so much more.
I mean maybe it will get better, but theres an underlying cause. Bad gait, spinal misalignment, diet, something!
An injury from standing up. That's very unfortunate.
Anyway, thanks guys. Its always nice to hear that other people have had these problems.

Ronin83

« Reply #5 on: 23:13:45, 31/07/18 »
So itsi been over a week now and whilst its not as painful and debilitating, it's still somewhat there.
So to rest it more or start walking to get it moving? Ive had enough of drugs now.
Tbh doctors arentareally interested in this sort of thing so I doubt i'll get any kind of answer to what it actually is unless it gets worse.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 23:27:45, 31/07/18 »
Go back and nag your doctor for a diagnosis.  Did he/she not say what the problem may be when you went before? 

I wouldn't like to say exercise again if that was going to, in the long term, make the problem worse.  Similarly, I wouldn't like to say rest it if that was going to, in the long term, heal it wrong.

I have found doctors take the least invasive course of action first.  If you don't go back and say it hasn't worked, they will assume it has, you are all mended, and don't need any further intervention.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy