Author Topic: Pennine Way Byrness to Kirk Yetholm  (Read 2164 times)

Mand68

Pennine Way Byrness to Kirk Yetholm
« on: 08:52:27, 23/08/18 »
Hope someone can give me some advice re completing the last 2 days of the PW.
I’m hoping to do the last 28 miles over a weekend. Don’t feel able to do it in one day. I’m really struggling to work out how to do it. There will be myself and a few friends. We don’t fancy the wild camping and the local B&Bs that offer assistance with travel to half way point are booked up. We have someone not walking that can drive so meet us and drop off etc but there doesn’t look to be any roads. And been told that the Trow Farm road access is private. Has anyone come up with a way round this. Many thanks. X

harland

• Veteran Member
Re: Pennine Way Byrness to Kirk Yetholm
« Reply #1 on: 09:05:36, 23/08/18 »
Suggest that you phone Joyce or Colin at Forest View Walkers Inn in Byrness as they will be in the best place to advise you.  I have no doubt that they will be helpful to your problem.  See:-
http://www.forestviewbyrness.co.uk/

Mand68

« Reply #2 on: 10:09:48, 23/08/18 »
I stayed at Forest View yesterday. They weren’t able to advise other than give me dates they have a vacancy, which is in October and I can’t make the dates. They did try to help with fitting us in but in the end it couldn’t be done.

snoopdawg

« Reply #3 on: 20:37:29, 25/08/18 »
When I did the PW in 2016 I clocked the last day at 25 miles which I did it 12 hours. Is there nothing available in Kirk Yetholm that will do a pick up and drop off?.

Failing that as an absolute last plan would you be able to carry some warmer clothing and grab a few hours in one of the refuge huts?

snoopdawg

« Reply #4 on: 20:38:30, 25/08/18 »
There is also a hostel at Mounthooley which could be made in 9/10 hrs.

snoopdawg

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 22:31:06, 25/08/18 »
When I did the PW in 2016 I clocked the last day at 25 miles which I did it 12 hours. Is there nothing available in Kirk Yetholm that will do a pick up and drop off?.

Failing that as an absolute last plan would you be able to carry some warmer clothing and grab a few hours in one of the refuge huts?

I overnighted at Hen Hole hut last year when I did the PW.  Previous time I just did it in one. Both are doable  O0

Certainly worth checking some b&bs in KY to see if they  can pick up/drop off.
Where there's a will ...

Islandplodder

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 12:07:53, 26/08/18 »
You could look at Cocklawfoot farm b&b, who say they will run you back up to the trail in the morning.  It is only 2.2 miles from the path and I don't think there is anywhere you can get much nearer than that.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy