Author Topic: Mountain with GRJ  (Read 2900 times)

Dazza

• Veteran Member
Mountain with GRJ
« on: 22:04:01, 29/07/07 »
I enjoyed it immensely. Give me some good idea and communicated the reasons why we walk.

What do you think?
Dazza
--------
These boots were made for walking so that's just what I'll do. After I've re-proofed them of course...

M J B

Re: Mountain with GRJ
« Reply #1 on: 22:49:36, 29/07/07 »
Amazing show, loved every minute.  8)

The start was good seeing ben hope which was my 5 munro at new year, good to see it from the air and covered in more snow than when i did it.

Roll on next week!

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 08:24:45, 30/07/07 »
A brilliant start to the series, loved every minute of it.

Dave

Gregmuzz

« Reply #3 on: 14:04:30, 30/07/07 »
Very good excellent show look forward to the rest

www.walkingmountains.co.uk

Holiday Scotland website www.holidayscotland.org

Holiday Scotland Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/HolidayScotland

Dazza

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 23:17:59, 04/08/07 »
Lookig forward to tomorrow, no "see this again" yet on the beeb website I notice. My mate missed it so would have appreciated that.
Dazza
--------
These boots were made for walking so that's just what I'll do. After I've re-proofed them of course...

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 18:37:23, 06/08/07 »
I haven't managed to catch this yet, and so will have to keep my eye on it .. for some reason I was expecting people to be a little sceptical of it.  ???

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 20:40:29, 06/08/07 »
Last nights episode in Lakeland was a great advertisement for the area not that with 12 million visits a year it needs advertising.
GRJ presented a varied programme looking at all aspects of the area. My only criticism would be that the walking/climbing only formed a small percentage of the programme. But seeing GRJ on Napes Needle was well worth waiting for.

More of the same please Mr.BBC!

Dave

http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/

Dazza

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 21:24:20, 06/08/07 »
I was initially sceptical but so far I've been proven wrong. The first one definitely had Griff with the expression of awe and wonder that we all wear for the first time when you see a stunning view.

Walking and climbing didn't feature as heavily in the second episode but what was there was good stuff. Plus he's catering for a general audience so the area and it's history are as important.

Plus as you say the amount of visitors the lakes attract hardly needs selling.

Mountain was made for HD (and filmed for it), it's the only program that makes me wish I had HD.
Dazza
--------

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 16:15:38, 09/08/07 »
You'll have to forgive me but I'm a bit of a sceptic!  My first reaction is that he's got a camera crew with him, and so just how much effort is he actually making?

Bare in mind, though, I've still to see any of the episodes (cheers Dazza btw), and don't really know any of the locations .. but still, great awareness, great attention, etc.  ;)

Feriol

« Reply #9 on: 17:07:23, 09/08/07 »
You'll have to forgive me but I'm a bit of a sceptic!  My first reaction is that he's got a camera crew with him, and so just how much effort is he actually making?

Bare in mind, though, I've still to see any of the episodes (cheers Dazza btw), and don't really know any of the locations .. but still, great awareness, great attention, etc.  ;)

Have you ever read 'The Traveller's Handbook'? There is a section by Clive Anderson on The Celebrity traveller. there are usully five crew members i think, and a van full of equipment. he did however note that the equipment was treated better than the people.
sun dogs fire on the horizon
meteor rain stars across the night
this moment may be brief
but it can be so bright
(Rush - Chain Lightning)

Gregmuzz

« Reply #10 on: 17:54:32, 09/08/07 »
its been great so far although episode one was better than the 2nd for me, we are in for a treat though in the next few episodes.

There is a review of whats coming in the next few on my website.

www.walkingmountains.co.uk

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 19:13:55, 09/08/07 »
Gregmuzz - Just read your comments on "Mountain" on your website, thanks, it gives me some idea of what to expect. 

You've asked for comments on your website? Maybe this isn't the place to put them, but doubt it matters  :P To be honest, I was a little 'put off' by the emphasis on mountains and not so much on walking in general.  There again, I've never been up a mountain so know very little of them. I'll keep your site in my 'favorites' though and stop by once in a while  ;)

Feriol - No I haven't read that book, is a collection of articles? Who edited it?  Let me know and I'll look it up. Thanks.

Gregmuzz

« Reply #12 on: 19:23:11, 09/08/07 »
hi i dont mind comments they all help could have posted them on my forum though :D (joke)

my site is for the walking community and i will be catering for all aspects of walking for example the weather links are great and provide some excellent info, the site is designed for people to add their input like pictures of yourself on your fav walk and reviews done by the walking public thats the reason for the site so people feel they can have their own pictures and stories published online.

like GRJ programme is called mountains he does not just concentrate on mountains he talks about general life around the mountains a bit like me site i suppose

Feriol

« Reply #13 on: 22:28:35, 09/08/07 »
Feriol - No I haven't read that book, is a collection of articles? Who edited it?  Let me know and I'll look it up. Thanks.

It's a guide to travelling the world rather a walking guide, with dozens of contributors. I am a somewhat frustrated traveller, since i am now firmly stuck in the rat race for the foreseable future, but i enjoyed the book. It allowed me to dream.

The editor is Jonathan Lorie.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Travellers-Handbook-Wexas-Jonathan-Lorie/dp/0905802160/ref=pd_bbs_1/202-5390104-4995040?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1186694676&sr=8-1
sun dogs fire on the horizon
meteor rain stars across the night
this moment may be brief
but it can be so bright
(Rush - Chain Lightning)

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 16:37:54, 13/08/07 »
Thanks for the link, Feriol, I'll try and chase it up .. from library maybe, don't fancy paying £11.99 for it  :-[

Cheers  ;)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy