Author Topic: Introduce Yourself  (Read 1945 times)

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
Introduce Yourself
« on: 08:10:19, 04/10/07 »
Just a thought .. if we're going to consider meeting up, it may be an idea to get to know each other a bit.  Also, considering that this site currently has a membership of 356, only a hardcore few actually post.

I'll start.

Hobbies/Interests: Reading, Writing, Raising kids
Fave music: Mostly extreme metal
Interesting fact: I have a degree in Psychology and Criminology

I'm going to look really silly if no one else writes anything  ;)

kkm

Re: Introduce Yourself
« Reply #1 on: 22:35:57, 04/10/07 »
decided that i might be cruel and not post....then took pity on you, and decided to spill the beans....

oh and a happy birthday for tomorrow  O0

sooooo.....

age: is but a state of mind, and due to the state of my body i feel about 90 at the mo.......

hobbies/interests: karate, and walking, and karate, and reading, karate and spending time with my kids and did i mention karate???? ::)

fave music: all sorts - from mcfly to guns and roses to show musical to chopin. its all in there  :)

interesting fact: erm.......dont think i have one.... not even a pet to mention...... :-\
« Last Edit: 22:40:59, 04/10/07 by kkm »

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 03:16:38, 05/10/07 »
Yeah I thought I would be cruel also but felt sorry for you Mr B

Name: morecome and wise

About me   Part from walking,  I got a dog witch comes everywhere with me apart from work.  If I could I would, got three children witch are on sale on ebay at a pound each I'll take the nearest offer hehe. Love the great outdoors fresh air and all.  Like meeting like mind folk like yourselves

Hobbies The internet!  Reading, Dancing,

fav music KORN it got to be. Something takes a part of me.
Something lost and never seen.
Everytime I start to believe,
Something's raped and taken from me... from me.
Life's got to always be messing with me. (You wanna see the light)
Can't they chill and let me be free? (So do I)
Can't I take away all this pain. (You wanna see the light)
I try to every night, all in vain... in vain.
Sometimes I cannot take this place.

Interesting fact, Well let me think my self am interesting. I know less said the better!!!! did I say I got a pet and it comes with me everywhere!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR BLISTER HAPPY BIRTHDAY TOOOOOOOO YOU HIPP HIPP HEY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!! happy birthday Mr Mike. O0 ;D ;)

« Last Edit: 03:20:58, 05/10/07 by walkinggirluk »
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

summitzero

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 09:41:42, 05/10/07 »
Happy Birhtday to you
happy birthday to you

H A P P Y B I R T H DAY to Y O U

happybirthdaytoyou

Happy Birthday Mike

Name:  Forrest Gump Aka Paul Roberts

Age: ..........oh go on then, just turned.......21, i know.... Oh         O.K  40
but i really have'nt got issues about it  :-X

Occupation: Photographer & RMHN  ... (RMHN, got you thinking... Doh just seen W/G Occupation)

Interests: Tinter-web, Walking  :o, Sailing, Dave (my dog, he's a bit bigger than his pic on the website now).

Music: lots but mainly R&B

Interesting Facts: I read Law and walkingforlife.piczo.com

Yep i think thats it,          would'nt want you looking silly on Your Birthday            O0

Are we there yet ?   http://walkingforlife.piczo.com

Feriol

« Reply #4 on: 11:08:59, 05/10/07 »
Name: Martin

Occupation: Cleaner, Window Cleaner, Painter, Gardener, All sorts.

Interests: Leicester City FC, Music, Poetry, Of Course Walking.

Favorite Music: I have everything from old jazz, to prog metal, see if you can guess my favorite band. :)

Interesting Fact: I Was born dead!
sun dogs fire on the horizon
meteor rain stars across the night
this moment may be brief
but it can be so bright
(Rush - Chain Lightning)

walking-books

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 16:06:52, 05/10/07 »
Name: Mike

Occupation: I publish walking books on The Lakes, Yorks Dales, Peak District, Snowdonia, North York Moors etc - feel free to take a look (no obligation to buy  ;) )

http://www.walking-books.com/prodtype.asp?PT_ID=70&strPageHistory=cat

Hobbies: Football (Leeds fan for my sins), walking, travel, dining out, watching too much TV, Internet, ....I'll add to this when I think of something more interesting...

Fav music: Anything really from Motown to current pop...not so into heavy rock/metal.

(Hopefully) Interesting fact: I travelled to Louisville Kentucky to meet my hero Muhammad Ali earlier this year.
Mike

www.walking-books.com
Books, guides and maps on Britain's best scenic walks

Come and have a chat on Twitter - walkingbookscom

nickson71

« Reply #6 on: 19:47:38, 05/10/07 »
Name: Ian

Interests: Manchester City, walking , DIY, Woodwork and toy soldiers

and I like heavy metal music

Can't think of any interesting facts so I'll pass on that one :)

Deerplay

« Reply #7 on: 23:51:11, 05/10/07 »
Name: Alex

Occupation: RMN. Yes, another nurse by trade. Described recently as a nurse that doesn't act like one. (I don't think what I do relates in any way to nursing)

Interests: Lots, Wolverhampton Wanderers and Stafford Rangers Football Clubs. Cycling, Caving, Live Music, History, Climbing, Mountaineering, reading, Swimming skiing.

Age 47

Music: Eclectic ish Top 5 listened to acts (at present).. Stone Roses, Talking Heads, Radiohead, MC5, Sensational Alex Harvey Band.

Interesting (or boring) facts: I have two degrees, both wasted, and swim a mile every weekday.
« Last Edit: 10:32:47, 07/10/07 by Deerplay »
Will this wind be so mighty as to lay low the mountains of the Earth?

particleman

« Reply #8 on: 18:18:38, 07/10/07 »
Hi all

And this, is me:

Name: Barrie
Likes: Nights in front of a log fire, aged Brie and fine wine  - Oh sorry wrong forum!

I often walk in Lakes, Snowdonia, Yorkshire Dales and the Peak District.  Sometimes alone, sometimes with groups.  I also like long distance walking.

I really love walking in the mountains, and am comfortable having a gentle lowland bimble with a mixed group or a challenging mountain marathon with some Extreme Ramblers!

Regards to all,

Barrie

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 19:00:23, 07/10/07 »
 O0 i'll join in too:- Names KRIS, i live in Eccles,im 38[just],im 5'8 but on a good day 5'10 hehe,dark brown hair brown eyes, i like most types of music but FOLK and rock music are my favourite, my interests are trying to keep fit,gym stuff,camping,walking[of which ive recently got back into,just got back from doing STRIDING EDGE,HELVELLYN,SWIRRAL EDGE which i think is a pretty good start to it, dont you agree?] im a single man and likes the simple things in life e,g walks on the spanish beaches at night listening to the sea,looking up at the night sky ,and i seen another shooting star whilst at the lakes,good food good company too much to mention really, but i like to talk to like minded people like on here,
« Last Edit: 16:52:02, 09/10/07 by darksky »
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 21:21:19, 07/10/07 »
  :) :D ;D :) :D ;D :) :D ;D :) :D ;D :) :D ;D :) :D ;D :) :D ;D :) :D ;D :D ;D O0    HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR B ,and it would be nice if you could come to this get to together that WG is tyring to put together,we could toast yours,mine and WG birthday and any one else's on here who's had one and do it in real and not virtual..,
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

ukmase

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 11:15:51, 09/10/07 »
Hobbies/Interests: Football(Hartlepool United), Walking, Nights out, Travelling
Fave music: Indie, House Music
Interesting fact: I was once involved in a pirate attack in Brazil

MIKE - I was at Elland Road for Hpool v Leeds and how your side beat us i will never know. Butchery was an understatement

walking-books

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 12:02:16, 09/10/07 »
Hi Paul (Mase) ....we beat you by putting the ball in the net twice  ;)

I didn't see the game but reports I've had said we deserved it...funny how fans see the same game in different ways depending on the colour of your shirts.

Must have been a shock for you to see a crowd  ;)
Mike

www.walking-books.com
Books, guides and maps on Britain's best scenic walks

Come and have a chat on Twitter - walkingbookscom

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy