Author Topic: Morar this weekend  (Read 2387 times)

Ian s

• Veteran Member
Morar this weekend
« on: 16:52:11, 28/04/08 »
Better than the forecast! :)

Ian
www.mountainfreedom.co.uk
www.mountainfreedom.co.uk - Guided walking, scrambling and mountain skills throughout Scotland and further afield

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
Re: Morar this weekend
« Reply #1 on: 17:02:23, 28/04/08 »
These are awesome mate love the sunset ones,  fangroovytastic.... ;D  I've only ever been to the Highlands twice.  Doing the WHW and Ben Nevis.  :)
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

wellerchap

« Reply #2 on: 17:09:41, 28/04/08 »
you don't do things by halves with that camera of yours, do you?  :)
Super stuff!

Ian s

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 17:30:45, 28/04/08 »
It's a question of opportunity! I could walk over to the window right now, point the camera out and have a cool photo. Not by skill, just good fortune.

3rd time pays for all WG - make it to the Northwest, Skye and Torridon!

Ian
www.mountainfreedom.co.uk - Guided walking, scrambling and mountain skills throughout Scotland and further afield

karen_the_artist

« Reply #4 on: 17:37:19, 28/04/08 »
Great photos  O0 

Good to see you had nice weather up there too !
Karen - lurking somewhere in Perthshire, Scotland

Ian s

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 17:40:50, 28/04/08 »
I take it that means you bit the bullet and got out too Karen!
how was it?

Ian

karen_the_artist

« Reply #6 on: 17:57:53, 28/04/08 »
I take it that means you bit the bullet and got out too Karen!

Unfortunately not... spent the weekend in the garden doing gardening jobs  :(
Karen - lurking somewhere in Perthshire, Scotland

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 17:58:48, 28/04/08 »
It's a question of opportunity! I could walk over to the window right now, point the camera out and have a cool photo. Not by skill, just good fortune.

3rd time pays for all WG - make it to the Northwest, Skye and Torridon!

Ian
Not been over to Skye yet, hoping so this year... Thinking of doing the Cape Warth trail which sounds ACE in August....  Love to do the Inaccessible Pinnacle at some point!!!  I wish I could do that, just look outside and snap the Mountains....  But yeah looking forward to going back as always.... ;D
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

Ian s

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 10:25:26, 29/04/08 »
Cape Wrath Trail would be awesome, if somewhat commiting in parts.  Have done it in sections but never linked the whole thing.

August? beware biting insects. Pray for wind or take up smoking a pipe ;)

Mind you August last year wasn't too bad for midges... one effect of global warming seems to be that summers are windier, and they don't like that!

Ian

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 11:08:35, 29/04/08 »
Cape Wrath Trail would be awesome, if somewhat commiting in parts.  Have done it in sections but never linked the whole thing.

August? beware biting insects. Pray for wind or take up smoking a pipe ;)

Mind you August last year wasn't too bad for midges... one effect of global warming seems to be that summers are windier, and they don't like that!

Ian

LOL!!! biting insects (midges).... We always head for April doing anything in Scotland thorough  this problem.  But since we've been back we take our pooch a round the local country forestry commission park and they were tons of the bloody things, She got ticks a few years ago when we was in Scotland stuck all the life outta me Dog they did..... 

Cape Wrath Trail in one go seems wicked very remote and you end up in the middle of on where...   Apparently it a tough one to do not sure need to start reading upon it but any info on the route would be appreciated.  If you got time cheers!!! :) 

clean it bin it

Ian s

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 11:29:17, 29/04/08 »
If you haven't already done so, have a look at http://www.capewrathtrail.co.uk which lists several possibilities as the route is not exactly carved in stone!

There's a good set of links on http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cape_Wrath_Trail too

Yeah would be happy to give some input on any specific sections.

Ian

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 11:59:20, 29/04/08 »
Cheers for this, some useful info there to be had(I've seen the Cape Wrath Trail site but not had chance to have a good look) .  I did the WHW last year which was also fantastic.  It does say the trail runs along side the WHW and some within the GGW.  Which was going to be a three dayer.  For us from Friday to Monday evening but changed our minds  and decided that we'd have a go at Cape Wrath Trail instead.  This route reminds me of the Tgo challenge...  Mebee not...  Once again Ian, thanks WG.

clean it bin it

darksky

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 22:52:31, 29/04/08 »
Photo's are unreal, god what i would'nt give to be amongst them mountains now..,your a lucky sod Ian. I have never been to scotland but i really do intend to. O0
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy