Author Topic: Camp sites near Scafell please!  (Read 6231 times)

thisismusic

Camp sites near Scafell please!
« on: 19:06:49, 30/03/09 »
Anyone got the contact details of any good camp sites near scafell? Somewhere with a shower as I'll be there for a few days and then straight off to a meeting for work!

Thanks.
“It seems to me that the natural world is the greatest source of excitement; the greatest source of visual beauty" - David Attenborough

cr355

An idiot's account of anything sensible is never accurate because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.

radder

• Veteran Member
Re: Camp sites near Scafell please!
« Reply #2 on: 00:32:20, 31/03/09 »
The obvious one would be the Wasdale Head campsite. offering the shortest route onto Scafell Pike. It has showers, a shop and a cracking pub close by.
There is also basic camping at Seatoller and Seathwaite in Borrowdale,These are handy if you want to tackle Scafell Pike by Styhead Tarn and the corridor route being around 12 mile long can be a very long day.

Mark

False_Summit_Veteran

« Reply #3 on: 10:07:24, 31/03/09 »
What radder said, the Wasdale camp site has all you will need including a pod if you want that extra level of luxury (book ahead though) and the Wasdale Head Inn for all your drinking needs (they even sell you an 11 pint plastic demijohn to take off the premises for £20.  I personally recommend the Great Gable brewery's "Yewbarrow" one of the finest examples of a strong mild ale I've ever tasted.  I'm in Egremont on business tomorrow and will more than likely make a diversion to Britains Favourite View just because I'm within 20 miles of the place.
Any Moel's a goal.

radder

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 22:32:07, 01/04/09 »
The Great Gable Brewery sell really good cask ales. staggered back  to the campsite after a few pints in the wasdale head Inn a few times.  :D

Mark

False_Summit_Veteran

« Reply #5 on: 18:39:27, 02/04/09 »
Yes, I'm planning another stayover in May, so plan on getting slighty messed up and navigating the mile up the road to the camp site with one eye closed and walking like a crab.

I'm in Egremont on business tomorrow and will more than likely make a diversion to Britains Favourite View just because I'm within 20 miles of the place.

It was well worth the diversion.  Photo credits to my associate Roy for having a camera ready at just the right moment.  ;)

Any Moel's a goal.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy