Author Topic: Good Running Shoes  (Read 1519 times)

PeterTowers

Good Running Shoes
« on: 11:22:31, 28/11/07 »
New member here, so a big hi to all you regulars.
I'm looking for a good recommendation for some running shoes. Running mainly on pavement and tarmac, and about 5 miles distance.
I've been using some Nike trainers, which have done perfectly well, but it's time to invest in a more suitable pair - any one offer any tips?

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
Re: Good Running Shoes
« Reply #1 on: 12:22:29, 28/11/07 »
Sorry, Peter, I'm not a big runner (except when I'm being chased by a farmer's dog or something  ;)), but just wanted to say "Hi, welcome to the forum!"

O0

PeterTowers

Thanks for the Welcome
« Reply #2 on: 15:25:58, 28/11/07 »
Thanks for your warm welcome Mr Blister.
Will be shopping at weekend for a new pair of runners regardless. You don't really get the appropriate advice these days from typical shop asst staff. Perhaps another forum member may be able to offer some advice or a particular good brand name to look out for.
Speak again,  :)
P

muymalestado

« Reply #3 on: 15:44:39, 28/11/07 »
From vicarious experience - herself - Meindl make a very good female off-road running shoe called Ventilator.   I tried a male analogue in the shop while she fussed about and they seemed real good to me, but I bought Merrell approach shoes instead, not for running.  I suppose I would suggest buying in a shop if you are unsure and finding a shop that will let you return the shoes before you really use them in anger.  After you know a good  model then internet purchase may be OK.

While on footwear . . .  I am always astonished watching shoppers and shop assistants who don't know how to fit a boot or shoe.  Not that I am the expert, but trained assistants have told me about such things as volume and measuring by insert.  There are only two shops I will go to when I am changing brand.  All the others are just fashion emporiums in my opinion.  My first 20 years of boot/shoe buying was, I now know, a complete lottery.

Ohh.  Welcome PT.
I think this next one will be the top ...

locuschoi

« Reply #4 on: 17:26:18, 28/11/07 »
because I'm a big walker but .. maybe not a big runner..;;;

i use tennis shoes..
it may heard strangely but tennis shoes is weight less and so soft
that it secure your feet..
I use the shoes brand vistro..
i'm fascionated in this shoes..~

welcome.
hi~ though I'm in Korea.. but I like walking so much
and want to be your friend

summitzero

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 12:04:43, 29/11/07 »
Hello and welcome to the forum

I know the gadget show(who have a website) did a report on running shows and they used a silver medal winner to test them (forgot his name).

But they said they would list the top three on the website, i think Nike won but not sure which one ?

Hope it helps  O0
Are we there yet ?   http://walkingforlife.piczo.com

PeterTowers

« Reply #6 on: 11:54:24, 30/11/07 »
Lots of good tips and replys here - Friendly forum this - thanks
Will be out tomorrow hunting down a suitable pair - then it's no more excuses for me  - sat on my bum every night this week, knowing I should have been out running at least once -  so need to make amends this weekend...Yes it's addictive this running although you'd hardly know it from my inactivity ;)

Pete

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 14:46:51, 30/11/07 »
Yes it's addictive this running although you'd hardly know it from my inactivity ;)

Can't say I've ever fancied it myself, but I have a keen sense of respect for those that do.  There are a couple of lads at my work who do a lot of running.  It always surprises me when I mention a particular walk I've done, that took me all day and left me knackered and close to death, only to have them answer brazenly - "Oh, yeah, I ran down there last week, it only took me a couple of hours!"  :o

I think my problem is one of fitness.  Now I can endure a lot, and have stanima, but where running is concerned I can only manage short bursts and then I'm wheezing.  The thought of walking 20 miles doesn't particularly concern me, but the idea of running 20 miles leaves me aghast!

Good for you though  O0

locuschoi

« Reply #8 on: 11:16:33, 01/12/07 »
Can't say I've ever fancied it myself, but I have a keen sense of respect for those that do.  There are a couple of lads at my work who do a lot of running.  It always surprises me when I mention a particular walk I've done, that took me all day and left me knackered and close to death, only to have them answer brazenly - "Oh, yeah, I ran down there last week, it only took me a couple of hours!"  :o

I think my problem is one of fitness.  Now I can endure a lot, and have stanima, but where running is concerned I can only manage short bursts and then I'm wheezing.  The thought of walking 20 miles doesn't particularly concern me, but the idea of running 20 miles leaves me aghast!

Good for you though  O0

body adapts in your exercising schedule..

though the running first is not easy but if you do that steadily you will find yourself that

don't concern to run more than 20 miles..

(some people says like that..haa)
hi~ though I'm in Korea.. but I like walking so much
and want to be your friend

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy