Author Topic: Dales Way  (Read 2104 times)

johhnyp

• Veteran Member
Dales Way
« on: 20:34:00, 15/09/18 »
I was led to believe this walk was more of a teashop stroll for the elderly and/or infirm. Actually it was a pleasant workout over 4.5 days. I found I had a Mon to Fri free and booked up at short notice. It is a proper walk with some proper moorland, some farmland but also some lovely riverside strolling. No ferocious hills but some bite sized rough bits. Was wetter underfoot than I thought too. Each day was quite different too.
The Dales Way does not get many mentions on here but is that rare commodity; a fully formed Dales/Lakes walk that you can do in less than a week.
Will write it up and post

John

Islandplodder

• Veteran Member
Re: Dales Way
« Reply #1 on: 16:16:27, 16/09/18 »

Looking forward to the TR.
The Dales Way was my first long distance walk, in the early 70's, not long after the book came out.
I'd like to do it again one day, without a huge uncomfortable rucksack with far too much stuff in it!

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 22:17:38, 18/09/18 »
We did this as our first long distance walk and it was a good one to start with. You’re right its no walk in the park but still not too challenging. We had a very wet week - a theme that has often continued on our subsequent LDPs! Lots of things to learn when first starting out.

chriscab

« Reply #3 on: 15:33:52, 30/10/18 »
Cam houses is my favourite part of this route.

johhnyp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 14:58:11, 05/11/18 »

Islandplodder

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 15:33:12, 05/11/18 »

I enjoyed your TR.
We also had one or two navigational hiccups in the farmland between Kendal and Sedbergh.  The one that still stands out in my mind is where the Guide book told us to "turn right at the attractive clump of rowans"  and there we were in a huge field full of the things, trying to decide which were the prettiest....

johhnyp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 21:36:18, 05/11/18 »
Sorry about this. I am not good IT wise and seem to have loaded all my blogs here. Are the Dales Way pictures loading? They aren't at my end. Will have to have another go.. >:(

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 23:27:26, 05/11/18 »
Are the Dales Way pictures loading? They aren't at my end.

They're not loading here either.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy