Author Topic: New book - Yorkshire Three Pubs walk  (Read 1993 times)

The Old Man of the North

New book - Yorkshire Three Pubs walk
« on: 10:39:10, 10/11/18 »
I have just completed and published on amazon my book entitled The Yorkshire Three Pubs Challenge.I am not a professional author nor is this a profesional publication - although of course I hope it makes me some money along the line.
The Yorkshire Three Pubs Challenege is based, yes you've guessed it, on the Yorkshire Three Peaks walk but instead of three peaks there are, obviously, three pubs.The walk is 23 miles long and begins at Ribblehead, taking in Ingleborough, The Old Hill Inn, Whernside, Dentdale, the Sportsman's inn, Blea Moor and ends at the Station Inn back at Ribblehead.My book describes the route but adds all the things I find interesting on the way and that I hope you will find interesting too; history, folklore, wildlife, geology, landscape.   You can meet railway navvies, conservationists, hill-walkers, ancient Britons, Braithwaite's wife, farmers, drovers, vikings, Victorians, ghosts, slaves, slave-owners, the Dentdale vampire, a witch, a hob, the cuckoo's pintle even !
The book is available in e-book or paperback.
I hope you enjoy both book and walk - and who knows, maybe you'll buy enough to rescue me from the daily drudgery or retail.
There was an Old Man of the North who fell in a basin of broth but a laudable cook fished him out with a hook which saved that Old Man of the North

Steveandsam

Re: New book - Yorkshire Three Pubs walk
« Reply #1 on: 19:25:05, 10/11/18 »
Can't find it on amazon,what's the author name please

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 20:54:51, 10/11/18 »
Can't find it on amazon,what's the author name please
It was on amazon uk this morning under its title. The Yorkshire Three Pubs Challenge
Solvitur Ambulando

Steveandsam

« Reply #3 on: 02:10:15, 11/11/18 »
Many thx,found it now although not in paperback version.

The Old Man of the North

« Reply #4 on: 10:23:20, 13/11/18 »
Apologies for the delay in publication - I kept finding minor points to edit - the paperback version should now be available - I hope it comes out in a decent quality version.  This is the first time I've used Amazon's option to turn an e-book into paperback on demand.I am not a professional author and hope that you'll forgive any minor errors in the manuscripts.

Thanks for your interest

Author's name is David R. Kelday
There was an Old Man of the North who fell in a basin of broth but a laudable cook fished him out with a hook which saved that Old Man of the North

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy