Author Topic: What's Happening?  (Read 688 times)

myxpyr

What's Happening?
« on: 12:27:48, 22/07/20 »
Does anyone have any info or thoughts about travelling/walking within the UK in the context of Covid. Specifically I want to know whether I can travel from North Wales to Scotland and walk in an area such as the Cairngorms. Is Scotland open to all? Are the bothies still closed.
It's frustrating because soon we'll be running out of summer

ninthace

• Veteran Member
Re: What's Happening?
« Reply #1 on: 12:52:18, 22/07/20 »
Does anyone have any info or thoughts about travelling/walking within the UK in the context of Covid. Specifically I want to know whether I can travel from North Wales to Scotland and walk in an area such as the Cairngorms. Is Scotland open to all? Are the bothies still closed.
It's frustrating because soon we'll be running out of summer
Yes Yes Yes and Yes in that order.  Google is your friend.  The Mountain Bothies Association has its own website.
Solvitur Ambulando

myxpyr

« Reply #2 on: 12:58:12, 22/07/20 »
Yes Yes Yes and Yes in that order.  Google is your friend.  The Mountain Bothies Association has its own website.
All bothies still closed apparently(until further notice) >:(

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 13:07:35, 22/07/20 »
All bothies still closed apparently(until further notice) >:(
That was the last yes if you count them.  ;)
Solvitur Ambulando

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 15:04:36, 22/07/20 »
Deleted.

Booga

« Reply #5 on: 22:02:41, 23/07/20 »
The Mountiain Bothies Association have stated that all their bothies are still closed until further notice. Sadly some have been accessed and abused during lockdown which had led to angry landowners locking some of them. We are already losing another one this year due to abuse and I worry how many more of the locked ones will ever re-open  :-[

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 22:14:46, 23/07/20 »
I strayed into the MBNA bothy on Lingy Fell a couple of weeks ago, unaware that there was a blanket closure of bothies. Sadly there had been some minor vandalism in the form of graffiti, but nothing serious.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy