Author Topic: Advice  (Read 4041 times)

Bart

Advice
« on: 09:27:09, 28/08/07 »
Hi,

I want to make a 2-week trek in Britain next month. I'm quite an experienced walker (done stretches of the HRP in the Pyrenees and walked a lot in the Vosges and Ardennes). I have three options in mind right now

-coast to coast path
-pennine way
-or a combination of the southern part of the pennine way  (up to Keld) and then turn west on the coast to coast path, cross the lake district and finish in St Bees.

Which begs the question: which one should I take? Suggestions or advice very much appreciated.

Bart

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
Re: Advice
« Reply #1 on: 14:37:43, 28/08/07 »
Hi,

I want to make a 2-week trek in Britain next month. I'm quite an experienced walker (done stretches of the HRP in the Pyrenees and walked a lot in the Vosges and Ardennes). I have three options in mind right now

-coast to coast path
-pennine way
-or a combination of the southern part of the pennine way  (up to Keld) and then turn west on the coast to coast path, cross the lake district and finish in St Bees.

Which begs the question: which one should I take? Suggestions or advice very much appreciated.

Bart

Well I'm biased doing most of my walking in the Lakes but I'd go for Option 3.

Dave

Snowman

Re: Advice
« Reply #2 on: 10:49:59, 18/09/07 »
Hi Bart,

I was just looking for a recent report by one of our colleagues here who had done the Penine Way.    His main problem with it was that a great deal of the trail is now paved, so it can be a bit hard going on the feet.   I recently did a section of it to Black Hill, which was all paved, and there's no way you'd want to avoid the path as the rest was thick mud.

I've always fancied doing the Coast to Coast, but haven't had the time yet.

You might like to take a lookat the Long Distance Walkers' Association website:

http://www.ldwa.org.uk/

S.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy