Author Topic: walk across uk  (Read 4383 times)

didge666

walk across uk
« on: 11:58:16, 11/02/08 »
has any one done the landsend to john o grots

thinking of haveing a go in 2 months camping all the way need info on the cost of food and so from some 1 who has done it camping  ....where u get your water from do u use purefing tablets and so on is it possable.

not looking to take much more that 400 pound cash

Ridge

• Veteran Member
Re: walk across uk
« Reply #1 on: 12:12:56, 11/02/08 »
Even if you manage to wild camp all the way, which in some areas will be difficult, you are probably going to find it hard to feed yourself on £400. I know when I go walking, and I've never done anything like the sort of time and distance that you are considering, when you are cold, wet and tired you can get through cash quite quickly.

didge666

« Reply #2 on: 12:27:42, 11/02/08 »
yes i have thought that camping on the way may become a problem at some point .....ie upsetting a farmer.

i would be starting from sussex and walking to join the landsend jonh o grots at bath i have a fammaily member in tewksbuys then up to mancester well the penines way where i have anothor fammily member then carry on up the peenines way and across york shire where i have more fammily and up to blyth where i ve more fammily before the last scotland walk so at most ill probely be 10 days from a fammilys home well that thats the plan

tonyk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 09:54:30, 12/02/08 »
 Go for it, if things turn bad you can always come home.Without much money it will be tough but certainly a life changing experience.Provided you cook your own food the costs are no more than when you are at home.Just use commonsense when it comes ot camping,pitch late,start early,and no one will really bother you.Most farmers will let you pitch in the corner of a field provided you ask them first.Also join the backpackers club as it has a list of cheap farm sites.Stay off commercial caravan sites as they will rip you off.

Mairi

« Reply #4 on: 02:30:10, 13/02/08 »
Good advice, Tony K.
Also, remember to pack lots of packet soup. When you're cold wet and tired on a long walk, hot instant soup gives you a boost and keeps you going. :D

didge666

« Reply #5 on: 19:34:24, 13/02/08 »
thx 4 the advice any is much apreacheated ... my research is going well

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy