Author Topic: Westcountry wanderer  (Read 909 times)

GracieLiz

Westcountry wanderer
« on: 20:55:21, 01/01/19 »
Hi all,

I have joined this forum as I'm hoping to ask questions and get ideas from like-minded folks
On NYE in 2017 I made a slurry promise to set up a walking group amongst my friends and I did! Over 2018 we did about a walk a month in various locations and weather in the South West.
This year I have decided to fulfill a long-held dream of walking the South West Coast Path this year. Work commitments don't allow me to do it in one hit but I'm looking forward to the challenge .
Anyone here done the whole thing?

tom83

Re: Westcountry wanderer
« Reply #1 on: 21:08:26, 01/01/19 »
Hello and welcome.

I cant help you with the coastal walk, but well done on setting up your walking group.  O0

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 09:21:08, 02/01/19 »

Welcome to the forum from the the windswept Orkney Islands, GracieLiz.
Can't really help you with he SWCP as I am at the opposite end of the country, but good luck!
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Rather be walking

« Reply #3 on: 12:33:05, 02/01/19 »
I done the SWCP with a friend twice, N to S and S to N. It took us 5-6 weeks. Its hard! Lately I've done sections and I do wonder how I manged to do it.
There's plenty info about.

Jon.
““The hardest part was coming to terms with the constant dispiriting discovery that there is always more hill.”
― Bill Bryson, A Walk in the Woods

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 19:05:08, 02/01/19 »
Welcome from Aberdeenshire. I am also a long way from the SWCP, but have walked parts of it many years ago.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy