Author Topic: Just starting  (Read 898 times)

amilo6

Just starting
« on: 10:58:28, 07/03/19 »
Morning everyone, just looking to get into some hill walking over at the Lake District...I’m pretty fit but I don’t have any experience, can anyone suggest a group I can tag along with at the end of March or beginning of April?

I’m 38 years old and live in gateshead and would love a new hobby that gets me outdoors and enjoying some of the beautiful scenery in the UK

I’m just about to buy some hiking shoes so it looks like things are getting serious!
« Last Edit: 14:31:52, 07/03/19 by amilo6 »

Pitboot

Re: Just starting
« Reply #1 on: 13:18:38, 07/03/19 »
Welcome to the forum.
It might help if you could give your general location and a few other details, like your age for instance, so that anyone reading your post could make a sensible suggestion.
I know there is an informal group in Windermere as an acquaintance walks with them, but they seem to be at the more mature end of the age range.

amilo6

« Reply #2 on: 14:32:39, 07/03/19 »
Thanks for the advice! I’ve just edited my message

Pitboot

« Reply #3 on: 15:46:29, 07/03/19 »
https://www.go4awalk.com/

Use the link to check out a very good website. I was a member and met up with several walking companions some years ago. There is a section for you to look for partners and you can pretty much set your preferences, such as age of other person, walking experience, areas to visit.

They also do kit reviews, accommodation reviews, and lots of other advice is available.

Give it a go.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy