Author Topic: Monadh Mor and Beinn Bhrotain.  (Read 5606 times)

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
Re: Monadh Mor and Beinn Bhrotain.
« Reply #15 on: 14:00:46, 19/06/18 »
Hi vizzavona; I did spot the path you mention on the map, but it was a bit off route for me, as I particularly wanted to descend into upper Glen Feshie via the Eidart, and time was short (I wasn't on the hill until 1330).

My route was a bit 'off piste' in places; I ascended the heathery north western slopes of Meall nan Sleac from the entrance to Coire Garbhlach; then picked up the Land Rover track there - it must be a miserable slog up the track from the bothy. After Mullach Clach a Bhlair I followed the track eastwards and then descended into lonely Coire Mharconaich; I then followed the banks of the River Eidart downstream to the Feshie - hard going !!! The route down Glen Feshie the next morning was pure magic though.

I intend to return; perhaps staying at the bothy this autumn if stalking allows, and I'll try that path out. As you say, pure Munro baggers miss so much.
« Last Edit: 14:06:26, 19/06/18 by richardh1905 »
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

vizzavona

• Veteran Member
Re: Monadh Mor and Beinn Bhrotain.
« Reply #16 on: 17:28:51, 19/06/18 »
You should have no problem with an overnight at the smartly upgraded RA Bothy.  Very little, if any, stalking done on the Feshie side of the Estate now and I guess now that the Gaick, upper Tromie, is now part of the enlarged Estate where any stalking will be done in that area? 
The Feshie area is becoming more of a nature reserve nowadays and the Estate, have at considerable cost, made the most luxurious accommodation available to walkers.
I recall an overnight camp below Tom Dubh just above where the two streams come together.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy