Author Topic: Pumlumon Fawr  (Read 1774 times)

Cambrian Lady

Pumlumon Fawr
« on: 01:24:56, 11/08/18 »

Walked to summit of Pumlumon Fawr last Thursday as wanted to stay away holiday crowds.

Saw 4 other walkers, though 2 were in the distance, 2 people working on a broken pipe and some highland cattle, (which is quite busy for Pumlumon ;-) )

fernman

• Veteran Member
Re: Pumlumon Fawr
« Reply #1 on: 09:35:39, 11/08/18 »
Thank you for sharing your photos.
I'm puzzled as to why there is a wooden footbridge next to a more substantial one where a track crosses. It seems a bit superfluous.
You don't usually see those cows in Wales. Down on its holidays was it?

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 10:17:08, 11/08/18 »
Nice photos C.L! O0
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Cambrian Lady

« Reply #3 on: 13:38:45, 11/08/18 »
Hi Fernman, I wondered the same thing about the bridge (whilst half way across it as a little threadbare) as you could just walk around it. I think it is older than the road beside it, looking at old maps there was just a footpath/track. There was a now long gone farm / outdoors centre just past it where the road now ends which might be why they put the road bridge in.

There have been highland cattle in this part of the Cambrians for quite a few years now, I think they suit the usually wet marshy and exposed environment, similar to parts of the Scottish Highlands I guess. Lovely to see them when out walking :-)

phil1960

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 16:45:09, 11/08/18 »
We have walked quite a fair bit in the Cambrians, an area for the walking connoisseur and no mistake, this was one
http://www.walkingforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=32137.0
Touching from a distance, further all the time.

clyoung

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 15:13:41, 18/08/18 »
Looks great, which route is this? I quite fancy tackling it from the north.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy