Author Topic: Couple of my pics I'm quite pleased with  (Read 3538 times)

walking-books

• Veteran Member
Couple of my pics I'm quite pleased with
« on: 23:30:40, 25/11/07 »

Mike

www.walking-books.com
Books, guides and maps on Britain's best scenic walks

Come and have a chat on Twitter - walkingbookscom

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
Re: Couple of my pics I'm quite pleased with
« Reply #1 on: 07:54:34, 26/11/07 »
Nice pics Mike. The first one is taken from path to/from Loughrigg Tarn isn't it? I assume the 2nd one i in the woods a bit lower down the path.

There is a similar one on Walk 95 of my site http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/

Dave

walking-books

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 08:51:47, 26/11/07 »
Cheers Dave.

Spot on with the walk locations - our paths nearly crossed on that walk as our photos were taken within a few days of each other.

Ever thought of putting your walks into a book? 
Mike

www.walking-books.com

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 09:14:35, 26/11/07 »
Cheers Dave.

Spot on with the walk locations - our paths nearly crossed on that walk as our photos were taken within a few days of each other.

Ever thought of putting your walks into a book? 

Not for one moment!!......I know that you are personally involved and I mean no offence but I really do believe that there are more than enough guide books. Give the youngsters a map and compass and show them how to use it properly is my philosophy.
Regards,
Dave

locuschoi

« Reply #4 on: 15:43:25, 26/11/07 »
that's good pic...~

it looks like backgrounds in a beatiful movie..

i will use that pic as my background of windows..^^
hi~ though I'm in Korea.. but I like walking so much
and want to be your friend

walking-books

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 10:03:41, 27/11/07 »
Not for one moment!!......I know that you are personally involved and I mean no offence but I really do believe that there are more than enough guide books. Give the youngsters a map and compass and show them how to use it properly is my philosophy.
Regards,
Dave

No offence taken Dave. I tend to think there are a lot guide books out there but they are doing the same thing in the same format...these days it takes something different to shake up the established guide book market and I think you have an invaluable bank of work to do just that.

Giving people a map and compass is fine but there are a lot of people out there who like nothing more than to be led by the nose.

And thanks for the kind words locuschoi :)

Mike

www.walking-books.com

summitzero

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 11:01:11, 27/11/07 »
Really great shots  O0 Looks like it was a good day for walking.

And thank you for your advice, i am going to discuse the options with the rest of the team, as they all made their own notes, from their experience of traveling up and the country, which makes for really funny reading.  O0
Are we there yet ?   http://walkingforlife.piczo.com

walking-books

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 11:56:49, 27/11/07 »
Really great shots  O0 Looks like it was a good day for walking.

And thank you for your advice, i am going to discuse the options with the rest of the team, as they all made their own notes, from their experience of traveling up and the country, which makes for really funny reading.  O0

No problem Paul...let me know how it progresses.
Mike

www.walking-books.com

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 12:45:54, 28/11/07 »
Nice pics, Walking-Books, I love the colour in 'em.  :)

If I may say ...

Walking books don't have to be in the form of guide books. I personally don't have many in my collection like that.  I would be interested in reading a continuous narrative of Kidsty's exploits, his love for the Lakes, his fascination with Ingleborough, etc.  I think Summit should consider this also. His Great Trek was an awesome experience, and many LDP walkers have written books on lesser achievements.  The pair of them know how to use commas, colons and fullstops and think it's something that shouldn't be dismissed.

Regards,
Mr. B

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 17:32:38, 28/11/07 »
Nice pics, Walking-Books, I love the colour in 'em.  :)

If I may say ...

Walking books don't have to be in the form of guide books. I personally don't have many in my collection like that.  I would be interested in reading a continuous narrative of Kidsty's exploits, his love for the Lakes, his fascination with Ingleborough, etc.  I think Summit should consider this also. His Great Trek was an awesome experience, and many LDP walkers have written books on lesser achievements.  The pair of them know how to use commas, colons and fullstops and think it's something that shouldn't be dismissed.

Regards,
Mr. B

Mr.B,
As always you are too kind to me. I'm afraid my GCE 'O' Level English of around 48 years ago would fail me. Besides this foot is slowly getting better and I want to spend some time walking.
Did a short today on the canal nearby and if it's fine tomorrow we may venture to the Lakes for a short walk somewhere.
Pictures of todays walk are in the "Local Pictures" section of our website.
http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/

Dave

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 19:28:44, 28/11/07 »
Beautiful pictures there WB quite breath taking I love the second one as it catches the autumn sense and makes you feel all wintery  as there a lot of top of mountains pictures so its, nice to see some ground breaking pictures instead! 

Writing a book  can be pretty  time consuming  and you need to have dedication or determination, to do this.   I also think you need to use the right, proper usage of pronunciation of words good spelling  and the use of verbal and verbs I know of some books that I read, that some.  Writers sometimes make mistakes by using a verbal in place of a verb, and in very formal writing gerunds which acts as a noun  infinitive also acts as noun also the usage of punctuation and commas etc,  I would love to read a book by Kidstypike like you said Mr B his fascination of the Lakes and Yorkshire. One of England most captivating parts of England.    I thought summit was going to put something up on his site about his adventure.  A round England... Which I been wait to read.  I think most peeps on here write some Catastrophic story truly enjoyable.  And some of the pictures are truly amazing.  Well if anyone gets round to writing a book let me and I'll be one of the first to buy.
« Last Edit: 19:30:32, 28/11/07 by walkinggirluk »
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

summitzero

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 12:18:00, 29/11/07 »
Mr B, as always a true gentleman.   O0

W/G i know, i know, i know. I am sorry that i have not posted anything in words about the walk, so far but i was going to finnish the book and then send sections in so that everyone could have look, before it goes to press, so to speak. I know i am useless  ;D, i write at the speed known as , charlie brown (two fingers and my tongue sticking out one corner of my mouth)  :-*
Are we there yet ?   http://walkingforlife.piczo.com

Mr. Blister

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 17:05:06, 29/11/07 »
Mr.B,
As always you are too kind to me. I'm afraid my GCE 'O' Level English of around 48 years ago would fail me. Besides this foot is slowly getting better and I want to spend some time walking.

Don't misunderstand my words as being merely "kind", I genuinely feel that you have something to offer for a wider audience.  I do a lot of walking, others on this site seem to do more, while you seem to be positively obssessed.  This is intended as simple astonishment.  I find it hard to believe that are many walkers out there managing as many walks per week as you do, and I think that would be an interesting tale.  Not trying to debate you into a corner - after all, they are your miles to do as you want with - just don't want you to sell yourself short or underestimate what it is you do.  :)

Mr B, as always a true gentleman.   O0

W/G i know, i know, i know. I am sorry that i have not posted anything in words about the walk, so far but i was going to finnish the book and then send sections in so that everyone could have look, before it goes to press, so to speak.

Once again, Summit, I do not intend to flatter you (though God know you deserve it).  I have mentioned before that I have a degenerative disease (thankfully slow in my case), and this alone entitles me to be grateful for your walk.  That said .. I wasn't aware that you have been trying to put it into book form, and like W/G had assumed you were going to put a "write up" onto your site.

I think your walk would make a good book, and for my part, I wait with baited breath for it.  I like to write in my spare time and am lucky enough to have been published before (nothing major) and so am technically curious how you plan to lay out your book?

I think the natural layout would be on a day to day basis (I assume you kept notebooks on the walk?), like as a diary.  I think this worked well for Merrill on his "Turn Right at Lands End", and think something similar would work for you.  But a more modern approach might be to divide it up into sections, based on the particular path you were doing at the time.

Good man! Sir, I applaud you! (I assume I get 2 signed copies? - one to keep, and one to sell when you're famous  :))

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 14:55:37, 30/11/07 »
This was the same view yesterday morning about 10:30am

Dave
http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/

walking-books

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 15:31:06, 30/11/07 »
What a difference a bit of sun and a month makes.

You back up to full walking speed Dave?
Mike

www.walking-books.com

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy