Author Topic: Starting again  (Read 1172 times)

Jodies Dad

Starting again
« on: 17:49:51, 20/06/09 »
Hi all, my name's Paul and I'm crossing back over from the dark side (off roading) I know that won't earn me many browny points here but I must say I was a very responsible driver and never went anywhere I was not supposed to be, right that's that out of the way :), I used to do a lot of walking years ago but drifted away to other passtimes, now I'm getting older I want to keep myself fit and walking is the way I want to do it, I've missed it a lot and am looking forward to getting back into stride.  O0

Jodies Dad

Re: Starting again
« Reply #1 on: 18:17:15, 20/06/09 »
Ooops sorry for the double post but I didn't say I'm in the North east of England, County Durham area.

genji

• Account Closed
« Reply #2 on: 18:52:38, 20/06/09 »
Hello JD. I haven't done any off-roading, but I am (slowly) getting back into walking after a 15-year lay off.

Where did you used to walk?
"pain is your bodies way of telling you that it is hurting"

Jodies Dad

« Reply #3 on: 19:04:43, 20/06/09 »
Hi genji, I mostly used to stay quite local, north york moors, teesdale, weardale and around the Durham area, lake district occasionaly and we used to have a cottage up on the west coast of Scotland between Oban and Fort William, just close to loch aline on the Ardtornish estate, did a few up there too.

garyr

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 19:35:28, 20/06/09 »
Hi Jodies Dad - someone else from County Durham eh???? There's loads of great walking, Teesdale, Weardale, North Yorkshire Moors and The Yorkshire Dales all close by. Get out and enjoy yourself, start off easy and before you know it you'll running up and down the hills  O0

Gary ....

genji

• Account Closed
« Reply #5 on: 19:42:25, 20/06/09 »
You can give me some good Yorkshire walks, then. Malham-Gordale was one of my favourite ever walks, and this is a walk I have to do before the year is out (this guy's photos are really inspiring). I'm really only familiar with the Lakes (and probably less familiar than anyone else on this forum), but Yorkshire vies for pole position in my memory.

Misshillbilly

« Reply #6 on: 15:35:17, 23/06/09 »
where in county durham are you from?x

Jodies Dad

« Reply #7 on: 14:27:40, 24/06/09 »
where in county durham are you from?x

Hi, I'm from a village called Wingate, just a couple of miles west of Peterlee.

genji

• Account Closed
« Reply #8 on: 15:35:18, 24/06/09 »
Hi, I'm from a village called Wingate, just a couple of miles west of Peterlee.
Have you been out yet, JD? Anywhere nice?

Fran

« Reply #9 on: 21:57:16, 24/06/09 »
what a coincedence! im a peterlee girl..didnt think you got many keen walkers in that area :) x
Little Miss Hillbilly

Jodies Dad

« Reply #10 on: 12:34:54, 26/06/09 »
Hi Genji, no we haven't been out anywhere yet but we will be doing a few short walks to ease ourselves into it.
Hi Fran, yeah just around the corner from you.  :)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy