Author Topic: Y Gribin advice  (Read 955 times)

Plodder

Y Gribin advice
« on: 20:48:21, 18/05/09 »
I'd be grateful for advice please .......... from your experience.

After many years absence I've been getting back into the mountains since Easter - first revisiting the Glyders and last week up the ridge to Y Garn and down by Devils Kitchen.  You'll guess by my username that I'm neither quick nor young, but I found the previous walks very enjoyable.,

One thing I'm noticing though is that I don't have the head for heights I had many years ago, so some routes will be out for me.

My enquiry then refers to the upper section of the route from Bochlwyd along Y Gribin to the Glyders.  I'd like to do this route, as it's one I've  never been on - but I'm unsure about it's nature. 

I'd be very grateful if someone could tell me about the route along the ridge of Y Gribin ie exposure and in particular the section where one has to scramble to get up onto the Glyders - is it a hands and knees job?

Thanks for any help

Adrian

mad max

• Veteran Member
Re: Y Gribin advice
« Reply #1 on: 16:21:05, 19/05/09 »
hi plodder,i have never ascended y gribin but about 7 years ago me and exit5man climbed bristly ridge went over castell y gwynt and descended y gribin back to llyn bochlwyd and i cannot ever remember it being exposed/dangerous,as far as i remember it was a straight forward walk back to bochlwyd,i will double check with my mate and ask him to reply.
Freeman of Tryfan.
Welsh Nuttalls completer.
I am a troll,beware.

Exit5man

• Veteran Member
Re: Y Gribin advice
« Reply #2 on: 02:46:21, 20/05/09 »
You say you have'nt got the head for heights you once had .Why don't you leave out Bristly Ridge and walk up the scree  just beyond the Bwlch were you will reach the Cantilever stone .From there as Max says its pretty straight forward run of the mill walking .From Castell y Gwynt down Y Gribin to Llyn Bochlwyd and back to the car parks on the A5.SORTED .Have a nice time ,and let us know how you get on .
Everyday when i wake up i thank the Lord im Welsh .

Never walk under a black cat :-)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy