Author Topic: The Kinder Round  (Read 2492 times)

radder

• Veteran Member
The Kinder Round
« on: 14:25:09, 09/05/09 »
No pain no gain or so they say.
It was painful when I set the alarm for 3.30am.
For the Lovers of the Peak District  or Kinder Scout in Particular keep a eye on this post later, I've come back from a truely wonderful days walking round Kinder Scout.
Here is a teaser for you this, shot was taken at Grindsbrook Clough this morning at 5.30am

Mark

Yomper

• Account Closed
Re: The Kinder Round
« Reply #1 on: 14:30:46, 09/05/09 »
A brooding dark shot  :)

Thats dedication for you - up BEFORE the lark  ;D

kev1747

« Reply #2 on: 16:45:25, 09/05/09 »
Nice shot. :)

Just wondered if anyone else has had a problem viewing any of radder's posts. I assume its only with multiple picture posts and is because they are very high resolution shots but my computer always goes doolally and I end up having to restart it. However this never happens with anyone else's posts on here or any other forums including photography sites for that matter. Pity as I really want to see your pictures too.  :(

Yomper

• Account Closed
« Reply #3 on: 16:49:03, 09/05/09 »
I have to wait at least 2 mins for Radders photo's to load  ::)

kev1747

« Reply #4 on: 16:59:21, 09/05/09 »
I have to wait at least 2 mins for Radders photo's to load  ::)

Oh I see and my PC is getting on a bit as well so that may be the problem. I think I saw steam coming out of it last week. ::)

Dazza

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 17:33:05, 09/05/09 »
I think it's the picture hosting company he uses. If it resizes the original picture - rather than him resizing it in advance  - you could be downloading a couple of meg instead of a couple hundred Kb.

That or the host places limits on bandwidth which wouldn't be a big surprise as hosting photos can get expensive real quick on your bandwidth bill.

True dedication though and a great opening shot. I can't wait for the rest but surely 0330 is time to go to bed not get up!
Dazza
--------
These boots were made for walking so that's just what I'll do. After I've re-proofed them of course...

radder

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 19:41:49, 09/05/09 »
Hi guys

Thanks for tip above  O0

I only have odd time trouble downloading otherwise its fine.
I will do what Dazza says and try and resize the pictures from now on.

but surely 0330 is time to go to bed not get up!

Even more so after not going to bed till 1.30 am  ;) It was more than worth it in the end

Dazza

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 00:41:26, 10/05/09 »
2 hours sleep? Well when you've had a good sleep we expect photo's  ;)

One day I want to do this as well. Go all around the plateau. I doubt I'll be getting up at 0330 though!

Well done Mark, my theory on the pictures is only a theory. I use photobucket and they impose limits anyway so I'm used to resizing and cropping.

Dazza
--------
These boots were made for walking so that's just what I'll do. After I've re-proofed them of course...

radder

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 00:42:32, 10/05/09 »
Dazza Thanks for tip on uploading photos. Used photobucket which quite easy to use.

took me all night to do this report and just about to hit the post button me computer froze up on me  >:( >:(.

So will have to do all again tomorrow.

Yomper

• Account Closed
« Reply #9 on: 01:57:29, 10/05/09 »
I use Photobucket too  ;)

They have an 'edit' facility which allows to resize any photo however large, very handy site  :)

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 21:37:24, 31/05/09 »
My camera pics are all 4 meg aint got a clue how to post them up.

Nice starting pic Radder

Dazza

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 22:40:54, 31/05/09 »
My camera pics are all 4 meg aint got a clue how to post them up.

Nice starting pic Radder

Yeah 4 Meg might be a bit much. There are a few free image editing programs. A popular one is the GIMP. Not one I use (got a freebee Photoshop license) but is popular enough and should let you save any copies at a new size.

Dazza
--------

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy