Author Topic: Much a do about nothing 15th August Hope meet and walk  (Read 897 times)

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
On Saturday 15th I attended a meet arranged by a plentyoffish (datingsite) member.
It was arranged to start in Hope, in the peak district.  I arrived alittle late but members were gathering still on the carpark.

The Host had not arrived and never did throughout the day. He reported he was let down by the person offering him transport.   

In the end another meet member lead us to Castleton  where a pause was had at the Castleton Info centre for food and general sitting around. Trying to please everyone was not being effective in progressing any walking so a start for Treak cliff caverns was made and most  followed.  After pausing again at Treak cliff to rest we walked up past the cavern entrance and took the path up the hill and over to Blue John mine.
From Blue John Mine a route down the old collapsed road was taken back into Castleton then on to Hope and the carpark.
Afterwards  some collected at the  nearby Pub to drink and chat.

Photos follow

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
Re: Much a do about nothing 15th August Hope meet and walk
« Reply #1 on: 20:49:46, 19/08/09 »

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 20:55:22, 19/08/09 »

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 21:16:00, 19/08/09 »

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 21:24:01, 19/08/09 »

After walk Pub drink

Just over 6 miles done on walk, weather was mixed with some rain.

Dazza

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 22:18:26, 19/08/09 »
Looks like a good day out (and a huge crowd of folk!).

The ruined road is marvel all of its own. I always shake my head wondering how anyone though it would be a good idea, especially when viewed from above (Hollins Cross gives a good view).

We're looking for something around the 6 mile mark soon (have a birthday party to go to so can't get too smelly).  ::)
Dazza
--------
These boots were made for walking so that's just what I'll do. After I've re-proofed them of course...

TheGUYuk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 22:54:47, 19/08/09 »
Looks like a good day out (and a huge crowd of folk!).

The ruined road is marvel all of its own. I always shake my head wondering how anyone though it would be a good idea, especially when viewed from above (Hollins Cross gives a good view).

We're looking for something around the 6 mile mark soon (have a birthday party to go to so can't get too smelly).  ::)

The same oganiser is planning another plentyoffish meet for the 12th September at Ladybower for a walk.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy