Author Topic: For Sale: Lowe Alpine Altus 42:47 backpack (Fern colour, L/XL size)  (Read 737 times)

Hebairt

I bought this backpack but threw away the tags before I decided it is a touch too small for the Nepal trekking I am planning, and Trekitt don't want it back as a result. It's a great pack, very comfortable, and has the U-shaped panel-opening zip I wanted and it's unused, only test-packed at home. Offered at £80 to UK mainland with P+P included. Sorry I have not figured out how to attach photos, but it's easily googled. I can send photos by email to anyone who is interested.

ps. I'm a newbie who came here after looking for OM's forum.

Mel

• Veteran Member
Pity you wasn't selling this a few weeks ago.  There was someone on here wanting something pretty much just like what you're selling but he's sorted now.

I can't believe Trekkit won't take it back just because you've removed the labels.  You surely have proof of purchase?  I'd say try again with them.

Apart from Nepal, where do you like walking?  How's the training going?

vghikers

• Veteran Member
I certainly don't need another pack but, for interest, searching for "Altus" on the Lowe Alpine site returns no results. Great.

ps. I'm a newbie who came here after looking for OM's forum.

Technically it's still going but it's a graveyard, spammed to hell and back. No moderation or effort put into it now.

jimbob

• Veteran Member
I certainly don't need another pack but, for interest, searching for "Altus" on the Lowe Alpine site returns no results. Great.
Might be discontinued by them, it is certainly out there for sale (I. E. Trekkit) and there are plenty of reviews
Too little, too late, too bad......

Hebairt

Hi Mel, I've tried with Trekitt by phone, I thought they would take it but they said the tag has a bar code unique to the specific item. Anyway, I tried and they didn't get it. I like Trekitt, my fault in not keeping the tag, it was looped on, not a plastic push-through, I could easily have kept it.

Yes I've also had problems finding 'Altus' on Lowe-Alpine's website but try Trekitt or just google it instead. They have them in Cotswolds, the smaller 42:47 is there only in black, it's not discontinued, I think it's selling well if Cotswolds stocks it.

I've got 4 weeks before my Nepal trip. I'm always training, so nothing special for this trek, though actually a bit of running as I find this shock-proofs my joints best of all. And a lot of stretching to get my back as cool as I can, and hopefully back in the gym soon as poss to get back to squats and deadlifts. A back issue has kept me out for a week, but I do a lot of bodyweight exercises and for this trip added loaded box step-ups, multi-directional lunges and squats on a Bosu (if anyone understands all that...)

I don't walk as much as I'd like in the UK, being down in The Smoke, but I've done a number of Alta Vias in the past couple of years and this is my third trek in Nepal - oh I didn't say, I'm doing Everest Base Camp + the 3 passes, and still open to anyone joining me, if only to get the price down. I'm paying US$1912 for the 3 week trip with a guide, lodging, and 3 meals a day and flights to and from Lukla. Not bad, would be cheaper with another walker. I'm a young 60 -ha ha, probably loads of similar people like that round here. The '60' bit doesn't give a fair idea of me but it's just my 'truth in advertising'...!

If anyone can show me how to upload photos from files on my Mac, I'd post them.

lostme1

• Veteran Member
As you only joined the forum today you may not be able to post a link to a photo. Not sure if you need a minimum number of posts first. I know some forums have this requirement.
These boots are made for walking.... so long as the rest of my body agrees

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy