Author Topic: Things that annoy me when I'm walking  (Read 9358 times)

Lee in Doncaster

• Veteran Member
Things that annoy me when I'm walking
« on: 20:20:58, 04/03/18 »
It's quite a long list considering how much I enjoy walking:

http://peakwalking.blogspot.co.uk/2018/03/things-that-annoy-me-when-im-walking.html

Anyone got anything to add?
Walking every week in the Peak District...or somewhere else   http://peakwalking.blogspot.com

photonut

Re: Things that annoy me when I'm walking
« Reply #1 on: 00:51:18, 05/03/18 »
Paths you cannot find
« Last Edit: 08:53:51, 05/03/18 by photonut »

staggerindragon

« Reply #2 on: 06:01:24, 05/03/18 »
Oh, yes to your bus point, especially if you're aiming to catch the last bus of the day!

tom83

« Reply #3 on: 09:12:44, 05/03/18 »
People who stop for a chinwag, blocking an already tight pathway.

People who picnic right in the middle of a beauty spot,  that you have walked all morning to take a picture of.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 09:16:20, 05/03/18 »
People talking continuously at the tops of their voices so you hear them before you see them, especially mountain bikers.
Solvitur Ambulando

harland

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 09:26:31, 05/03/18 »
Being temporarily misplaced when it isn't my fault - I know it is but I can usually persuade myself it isn't! :D

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 10:20:45, 05/03/18 »
When you've spotted a solitary bench where you can sit comfortably and eat your sandwiches, people suddenly appear and beat you to it.

Much as I love dogs, ones that jump up at you and smear mud all down your trousers.

I agree with the one about picnickers at beauty spots where you want to take a photo. I slogged up to a fantastic viewpoint on the Chiltern escarpment, and there was this kid in a bright yellow t-shirt running around all the time.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 10:22:14, 05/03/18 »
People who are desperate to avoid eye contact, just in case they might have to say Good Morning, or something similar!

Hugh Jarse

« Reply #8 on: 10:28:35, 05/03/18 »
AAAAAAARRRRRGGGGHHHHH

Ladies Bush or Trail confetti...................pick it up please.......Squirt wipe and throw.............. :(

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 10:34:08, 05/03/18 »
Footpaths blocked by overgrowth or rotting styles do not annoy me particularly, that is usually a sign that the path is little used, the fact that there is a path there on the Definitive Map is the positive.

A large block of land without any rights of way is the sign of the arrogance of the occupiers of that part of the countryside, who cannot understand that others may want to appreciate it, it is the idea that such people can set themselves so far apart from the main body of the human race, this would annoy me if I thought they were worth it to even a small degree.

Privacy notices, without stating a reason are a sign of patronising arrogance. Signs to keep dogs under control, where there is no livestock or recent signs of livestock husbandry. Beware of a bull sign and a field is planted with potatoes. Just latent indicators of endemic hostility, caused by sloppy management.

Barbed wire across the top of locked gates, waymarks used for target practice, all indications of the  ancient custom of hospitality, lost as certainly as carelessly tossed litter is a sign of a degenerating society. 
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

Lee in Doncaster

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 11:29:16, 05/03/18 »
I've thought of some more: Sign written in large letters informing you that it's a private road...but it's still a public footpath.

Waiting for people to move out of the way so that I can take a photograph.

Bags of dog poo left hanging from trees.

Walking every week in the Peak District...or somewhere else   http://peakwalking.blogspot.com

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 11:48:29, 05/03/18 »

This one's at the top of my list! >:(

Although.....I think that's the only thing that's actually on my list! 8)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 12:14:57, 05/03/18 »
[quote
/quote]
 O0 A sign of laziness.

My worst hate is dog poo left lying on the ground.

Which to me is a sign of total ignorance.[/quote]
Too little, too late, too bad......

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 12:42:31, 05/03/18 »
Noisy people
Dogs jumping up with muddy paws

But the tremendous pleasure I get from walking far outweighs these and other annoyances    :)

Lee, about the bus stops  -  I find the maps on Traveline and going into Streetview on Google Maps very useful for locating them    :)

Lee in Doncaster

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 12:48:40, 05/03/18 »
Noisy people
Dogs jumping up with muddy paws

But the tremendous pleasure I get from walking far outweighs these and other annoyances    :)

Lee, about the bus stops  -  I find the maps on Traveline and going into Streetview on Google Maps very useful for locating them    :)

Dovegirl - yes I find Google maps very good for showing where bus stops are...unfortunately I can't get it on my phone; I don't have an internet phone. My life would be so much easier if touch screens actually worked for me...however I'm one of the minority of people with something called 'zombie fingers' - it's something to do with how electricity flows through our bodies.

So...when I'm rushing to get to the bus stop and i reach the main road I have to decide whether to go left or right without any guidance...unless I've written notes before setting off.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy