Author Topic: Where are folks walking this weekend?  (Read 573127 times)

lostme1

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are folks walking this weekend?
« Reply #2460 on: 16:59:53, 06/08/18 »
Out with our WI walking group yesterday.  I think we spent more time in the cafe than we did doing the walk.  Now that's what I call proper walking  ::)   O0

+1 especially when it is this hot.
These boots are made for walking.... so long as the rest of my body agrees

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2461 on: 17:52:30, 09/08/18 »
Off to sunny Lake District in the morning for four days - staying in Boot, Wasdale and Langdale.  Was going to make it a walking tour but my lower back has partly "spasmed" again so I'm going to drive - it will give me a back up plan.  Scafell via Lingcove Bridge and Foxes Tarn planned for tomorrow, bit of a figure of eight round Pillar and Kirk Fell planned for Saturday, a tramp round Seathwaite Tarn area on Sunday and playing it by ear for Monday.  Weather forecast is decidedly mixed but can't complain after some of the days out I've had this year.  Have a good weekend everyone.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2462 on: 20:51:47, 09/08/18 »
Off to sunny Lake District in the morning for four days - staying in Boot, Wasdale and Langdale.  Was going to make it a walking tour but my lower back has partly "spasmed" again so I'm going to drive - it will give me a back up plan. 

I hope your back holds out pdstsp. The weather isn't looking as grim now so you might get a couple of days of not too bad weather. Sunday looks horrendous mind. I hope you enjoy your few days  :)
Hate will never win

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2463 on: 22:00:17, 09/08/18 »
Thanks April - Sunday does look challenging!  You camping out?

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2464 on: 22:38:35, 09/08/18 »
Thanks April - Sunday does look challenging!  You camping out?

We are but we don't know where yet. I will have to get planning now the weather forecast has improved  :)
Hate will never win

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2465 on: 00:21:51, 10/08/18 »
We are but we don't know where yet. I will have to get planning now the weather forecast has improved  :)

Weather forecast here in the SW is not good for this weekend. :(

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2466 on: 07:35:01, 10/08/18 »

Catching the early morning Pentalina across the Pentland Firth on Sunday, for a few days family camping in the Highlands; not sure where yet - depends upon the weather.

It'll be a choice between the far North West, staying at Durness for a few days; maybe moving on to Gairloch. Spoilt for choice for superb hills: Ben Hope, Arkle, Quinaig in the north; Beinn Eighe if we go to Gairloch; maybe even a wild camp in Coire Mhic Fhearchair, if I can persuade my wife; now that would be something!

(not my photo, sadly)

Plan B if the weather is bad in the NW, is to head SE, to Deeside. Lochnagar awaits; possibly Ben Macdui with a wild camp.

Packing today; we'll be staying at campsites in our Coleman Mosedale 5 man tunnel tent; the 'Mosedale Whale' as I have started calling it. Hope it's not too windy at Durness!

The Mosedale Whale (left) in Glen Nevis last month.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2467 on: 12:50:29, 11/08/18 »

Plan C - go on Monday (because the Sunday ferry is fully booked  >:( )

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2468 on: 21:36:00, 12/08/18 »
Plan C - go on Monday (because the Sunday ferry is fully booked  >:( )

Have a great trip. O0

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2469 on: 21:42:33, 12/08/18 »
Out with the Moorland group today, 15 miles around the Willsworthy range.  Difficult to believe the river Tavy through Tavy Cleave, was the same river I crossed effortlessly two weeks ago.  Today we had to changed our route as there was no possible way to cross, short of Fur Tor.  It reminded me of looking down on the Colorado from the Grand Canyon.  Only at 1:25 scale.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2470 on: 07:31:30, 13/08/18 »

Have a great trip. O0

Thanks - on the ferry now  :)

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2471 on: 00:01:33, 19/08/18 »
Had a nice couple of walks today wrapped around my yoga class.  The first walk was a functional "on the pavement" walk from home to get there.  My return walk was more of a relaxed dawdle across the fields to get home.

Ronin83

« Reply #2472 on: 09:36:59, 20/08/18 »
Yesterday I hiked up to the peak of Castro valnera Mountain(1700m) in cantabria, Spain. 750m climb, 6.5km there and back down. We took the hard route, less travelled, guided by the girlfriends dad who last did it 40 years ago!
I think he was really happy to revisit something from his youth.
It was a tough one, but a good challenge, a real knee buster and my dodgy leg seems to be perfect after an odd, but effective treatment

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2473 on: 21:40:02, 20/08/18 »
Yesterday I hiked up to the peak of Castro valnera Mountain(1700m) in cantabria, Spain. 750m climb, 6.5km there and back down. We took the hard route, less travelled, guided by the girlfriends dad who last did it 40 years ago!
I think he was really happy to revisit something from his youth.
It was a tough one, but a good challenge, a real knee buster and my dodgy leg seems to be perfect after an odd, but effective treatment
Some times walk therapy does the trick just fine. :)

Ronin83

« Reply #2474 on: 23:16:42, 20/08/18 »
Haha, that's not what I meant by treatment.
The missus' friend used a spikey hammer and those Chinese suction jars on my leg(plus a bit of massage).
The jars sucked out some lumps of congealed blood which is apparently was part of the problem(she did say its tendonitis).
Sounded like [censored], but that night I did a night hike, slept on the mountain and hiked back down in the morning. Then the Castro Valera a few days later, both with no problems at all.
Incredible.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy