Author Topic: Boundaries of Yorkshire  (Read 1224 times)

johhnyp

• Veteran Member
Boundaries of Yorkshire
« on: 13:47:20, 01/11/17 »
Have been thinking about next years' walks and my wife mentioned (half challenged me) walking around the boundaries of the old ridings of Yorkshire. A quick google indicated more than 600 miles; so maybe not in one go methinks. Living in York; the North Riding seemed more feasible at around 300 miles.
The logistics then look a bit awkward eg old steel works on Teeside and Warcop Firing Range to name but two of many potential issues.
Has anyone one here ever contemplated/planned/actually done such a walk. Is it possible even with diversions? Any feedback appreciated.

One F

Re: Boundaries of Yorkshire
« Reply #1 on: 16:09:45, 01/11/17 »
More in line with your original (half) challenge than the North Riding boundary, but this may be of interest

http://www.wildyorkshireway.co.uk/index.php

johhnyp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 21:54:22, 01/11/17 »
Nice one Ian! Looks a good walk. Apart from the end of the YWW southwards, I have done many of the sections on various PWs,C2Cs, YWWs in recent years and was looking for some new ground. Looking at it again tonight I think it may be challenging due to the absence of obvious pathways/ROW etc. The boundaries look a bit arbitrary on the map!

One F

« Reply #3 on: 22:17:41, 01/11/17 »
Nice one Ian! Looks a good walk. Apart from the end of the YWW southwards, I have done many of the sections on various PWs,C2Cs, YWWs in recent years and was looking for some new ground. Looking at it again tonight I think it may be challenging due to the absence of obvious pathways/ROW etc. The boundaries look a bit arbitrary on the map!

Best point put - I'm not Ian  8)  and it's not my creation. It certainly looks challenging, for many reasons.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy