Author Topic: Bone dry c2c  (Read 1750 times)

johhnyp

• Veteran Member
Bone dry c2c
« on: 20:08:31, 15/05/18 »
Sat in wetherspoon in Richmond.  Will report on the diversion thread tomorrow. Given the sodden PW I did last August and the wet winter we seem to have had, I have been amazed how dry this walk has been
 Could have gone across nine standards in slippers, well almost. The only damp bit was Wythburn and that was not dreadful. I know we have had a couple of warm spells recently but I genuinely expected a wet one
 Definitely not a gaiter walk at the mo.
Absolutely boiling walking down from keld today. 9.5 hrs. Just had to keep taking on fluid. Shouldn't grumble 8)

sussamb

• Veteran Member
Re: Bone dry c2c
« Reply #1 on: 21:24:58, 15/05/18 »
Yep, been following this guy who is just ahead of you, his you tube videos show the great weather at the mo.  He also found the diversion is still in place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wseoRb6wb4&t=2s
Where there's a will ...

johhnyp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 20:56:21, 16/05/18 »
The flat bit was hard work today. The dried rutted tracks forced me onto the original road route...mistake :-*

johhnyp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 21:19:25, 19/05/18 »
Yes, this one was hard on the feet. Last bit of Moor was mildly moist but that was a bout it. Took some new routes which added to the variety eg  wythburn and high raise above hawes water. Still a busy route. Still think the swaledale route from ravensea to richmond is a delight. Will do a trip report.
It rained for 2 hours day one and that was it. Remarkable. :)

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 22:05:00, 19/05/18 »
Look forward to the TR. Keeping my fingers crossed next late June/early July is good weather too, that's when I hope to do it.
Where there's a will ...

johhnyp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 22:27:48, 19/05/18 »
This year or next?

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 04:15:25, 20/05/18 »
Next unfortunately, too busy this year  :(
Where there's a will ...