Author Topic: Has anyone done the Chiltern Way?  (Read 1100 times)

The Wondering Wanderer

Has anyone done the Chiltern Way?
« on: 21:23:19, 17/05/18 »
I've just found this route when looking for something in my area for a family day hike.

It was mentioned on a footnote about Grimms Ditch.

I've yet to research it further as I literally found out it exists about 10 minutes ago.
I was just wondering if anyone on here had hiked it? if so would you recommend it as a good walk?
Being a circular route it's long distance without, at any point, going more than a half hour drive from home (I live in Wendover so we're near the mid point of the whole thing).
That said I wouldn't be going home every night. I'm now thinking this might be ideal for my first multi day hike. Possibly even doing the whole thing in one.

Any and all insight or advice is welcome.
I'll be buying the guide book for it if I make my mind up to do it. I just thought asking for some first hand knowledge was a good place to start.

Thanks.
I'm wondering about wandering and wonder where I might wander if I wander while I wonder.

Lovehiking

Re: Has anyone done the Chiltern Way?
« Reply #1 on: 00:13:22, 18/05/18 »

Here is a link to the the LDWA page on it.
https://www.ldwa.org.uk/ldp/members/show_path.php?path_name=Chiltern+Way [nofollow]

My partner and I come across the path often as we walk round the Chiterns.  

If I was planning a long distance walk in the area, I think I would consider The Ridgeway as well . Here is the LDWA link
https://www.ldwa.org.uk/ldp/members/show_path.php?path_name=Ridgeway+National+Trail [nofollow]

Whatever you decide have a great time.  
 O0

The Wondering Wanderer

Re: Has anyone done the Chiltern Way?
« Reply #2 on: 01:40:34, 18/05/18 »
Thank you.

I've thought about giving the Ridgeway another go.

As it's close to home I thought i'd try it last year. I was too inexperienced and tried to wild camp with a cheap bivy and tarp. It didn't go well and I had to sack it halfway through the first night. Now I've got myself a nice tent and I won't be bivy camping again. At least for a while.

The Chiltern way stays closer to home should things go wrong again. I'm trying to get more experience but playing it safe for now.
I'm wondering about wandering and wonder where I might wander if I wander while I wonder.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy