Author Topic: HELVELLYN ROUTE  (Read 661 times)

darksky

• Veteran Member
HELVELLYN ROUTE
« on: 16:04:26, 06/04/09 »
I have planned this route upto Helvellyn and was wondering if anyone has done this or a route similar :- It starts from glenridding dodd 442 metres, then over to heron pike 550 metres, and upto sheffield pike 675 metres, over to lucy's tongue and past the mine at swart beck and over the quarry upto the path running along side sticks gill, carry on to sticks pass where upon you reach the all the ''piles of stones'' on route to Raise 883 metres, after Raise you come to white side bank 863 metres adjasent to Keppel Cove across the way, then on upto White Side itself and Brown Cove 610 metres,  OR i could cut white side and brown cove out and go straight over to Lower Man 890 metres, and onto Helvellyn 950 metres itself, then on upto Nethermost Pike 891 metres, onto High Crag 884 metres, and then onto Dolly Waggon Pike 858 metres, and finaly back on myself untill i reach Swirral Edge then decend it and on upto Catstye Cam 890 metres, where i finish. Now i am wild camping and taking 2 or 3 days to do all this with the purpose of trying to capture  some really good shots of the sun sets and sun rises and perhaps a cloud inversion fingers crossed, The main problem could be water, but i will be carrying about 7 / 8 litres and if i do need more then glenridding village is only ever a few hours walk away BUT i dont really want to do that as i want to stay up and on the mountains for the duration. These plans may need a bit of fine tuning but its basically correct.
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

tonyk

• Veteran Member
Re: HELVELLYN ROUTE
« Reply #1 on: 16:22:55, 06/04/09 »
 You wont have a problem with water unless we get a drought.There are plenty of streams to drink from and in my experience you don't have to worry about purification.I have drank from the streams on the walk up from Grassmere to Grisedale Tarn and also from the tarn itself.

darksky

• Veteran Member
Re: HELVELLYN ROUTE
« Reply #2 on: 13:54:48, 10/04/09 »
cheers tony !
'''get out there and experience as much as you can its beautiful and have yourself alotta fun doing it'''

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy