Author Topic: Welsh 3 Peaks  (Read 923 times)

MountOwen

Welsh 3 Peaks
« on: 10:02:50, 19/02/18 »
Hi, new to this forum, joined because I want to know if anyone has ever walked the Welsh 3 Peaks and if so, how long did it take?  Me and two of my brothers are keen walkers and had the idea to do the 3 Peaks sometime this year but we wanted to walk it, wild camping on our way.  If anyone has any tips or advice I will welcome it!  This is something we’re really looking forward to tackling!

Owen

RogerA

Re: Welsh 3 Peaks
« Reply #1 on: 09:47:23, 20/02/18 »
Welcome to the forum Owen from North Warwickshire.

I've not done the Welsh 3 peaks, in fact the only walking in Wales I've done is Snowdon which I've walked a few of the different routes up and down. Last September I went up pyg and down miners, all together including a break at the top that took about 5.5 hours, I didnt push it but wouldnt have wanted to go any faster.

Gadabout Bounder

« Reply #2 on: 12:42:36, 21/02/18 »
If your feeling fit

http://www.welsh3000s.co.uk/

Good luck

Gad
'We've spilt the same blood in the same mud'

MountOwen

« Reply #3 on: 07:49:01, 23/02/18 »
Hi guys, thanks for the responses.

The Welsh 3000s is something I’ve looked into and a challenge I look forward to doing either this summer or early spring next year! 

Have you every done the 3000s yourself?  If so, got any tips??

Cheers

Gadabout Bounder

« Reply #4 on: 01:22:13, 24/02/18 »
Back in the early nineties I was fell running and ran the Stafford half marathon in 1.30, I had blood poisoning in my leg, from a blister so did no training for the 4 weeks before it.

This was part of the prep for a full road marathon and the Welsh 3's.

For reasons I can't remember, maybe life getting in the way neither happened.

I've done them all individually but too old now to be stringing 26 miles and just under 12000 foot of ascent together in one go.

'We've spilt the same blood in the same mud'

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy