Author Topic: Seal Skinz waterproof socks  (Read 3813 times)

howardfernlover

• Veteran Member
Seal Skinz waterproof socks
« on: 22:49:35, 18/09/06 »
I bought a pair of Seal Skinz waterproof socks just a few years back, very expensive @ £22 at the time, but I was fed up with permanently wet feet when I went on multiple-day walks, which used to make my feet go all white and puffy.  The socks certainly made a big difference - for a while. I haven't used them that much, no more than 2 or 3 times a year at the most, for the simple reason that I do most of my walking in dry weather and in relatively dry terrain, but I now suspect that the right one (they have brand labels on them so I always wear them on the same feet) on my leading foot, is no longer waterproof. Wear and tear can be expected, but where I find they have really failed me is on the occasions when I have trod in water deep enough to come over the top of the sock. Once water has entered inside the sock there is no chance at all of it drying out during the walk, it remains much wetter than conventional socks, and furthermore they then stink like a sackful of mouldy cardboard, too. I am interested to know what other members' views are about them.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy