Author Topic: Yorkshire sculpture park again  (Read 1342 times)

pleb

• Veteran Member
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

Jac

• Veteran Member
Re: Yorkshire sculpture park again
« Reply #1 on: 15:12:35, 31/10/18 »
Good to 'visit' the YSP again; thank you. I went for the first time in March and wish it was closer so I could go more often.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

beefy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 20:13:49, 31/10/18 »
Great pics pleb O0
Why was ya crawling behind the trees  ;D
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 20:18:40, 31/10/18 »
Love the tree and landscape shots  O0

Lol @ the giant *rse

The parking charges are a bit steep  :o
Hate will never win

fit old bird

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 12:24:13, 01/11/18 »
I like to go once a year to see new exhibits. Free parking at West Bretton Village Hall, ten minutes walk away.
 O0

ilona

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 16:48:48, 01/11/18 »
Nice set of pics, Pleb - I really must get over and visit that place, it looked really interesting from other photos I've seen of it.

But those parking fees - crikey!  :o   Thanks for the tip about West Bretton Village Hall, Fit Old Bird.  O0

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 19:04:38, 01/11/18 »
I'm another one who keeps "threatening" to go visit this place (cheers from me also fit old bird about the parking).

Pleb - would you say it's a good candidate for a bad weather/winter walk?  ie. reasonably mud free?

Did you go up the steps and was there 71?  :D

Nice pics too  O0

pleb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 21:41:08, 01/11/18 »
Didnt go up the steps/count em, but been up em plenty times, they are part of a route round. Years ago I worked on tarting up the prev flight of steps...we didnt call it art though. Honestly the mind boggles, steps get redone (plastic, by the way), and somebody claims it as his "art". Just bizarre.
Yes Mel its fine at the mo, so guess it depends on how conditions have been, if u do the bigger circuit-or one of them, you can make some up-theres a bit thats often muddy. Just go soon before the rains come! There r trails u can follow, but its pretty straightforward.
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 11:19:55, 02/11/18 »
I like to go once a year to see new exhibits. Free parking at West Bretton Village Hall, ten minutes walk away.
 O0 
ilona
Nice set of pics, Pleb - I really must get over and visit that place, it looked really interesting from other photos I've seen of it.
But those parking fees - crikey!  :o   Thanks for the tip about West Bretton Village Hall, Fit Old Bird.  O0

Yes, we walked in too as we had B&B'ed in West Bretton. Actually, though the parking seems expensive the actual entry is free so not really too dear especially if it covers more than one in the car.

I get annoyed when an attractions which charge for entry then charge again for parking.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy