Author Topic: I'm Newbie  (Read 1147 times)

meobeou

I'm Newbie
« on: 08:29:22, 22/01/19 »
I have been lurking here for some time and now it is time to emerge. I have been walking since seriously since a young age it was always a Sunday stroll along the river dyfi i do love rivers. i am also a keen but amateur bird-watcher so like to see and hear as much as possible on my walk.  I live in a small hamlet just south of Machynlleth. I tend to stick to quieter routes when I go out, tarren y gesail, tarrenhendre along with a  bridleway to 'anglers retreat' and Ponterwyd are regular routes. I have just had my first attempt at the Rotary Cross Wales challenge from Gelli Coch Glaspwll to Anchor and disappointingly retired at 30 miles in. I also have a passion for the local narrow gauge railways of which we have many..  I don't drive but I believe I have a pretty good local bus service anyway enough rambling here time to stroll the river.

Lee!

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
Re: I'm Newbie
« Reply #1 on: 08:30:53, 22/01/19 »
Welcome to the forum from the Orkney Islands, Lee.
« Last Edit: 15:30:42, 22/01/19 by richardh1905 »
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 08:37:32, 22/01/19 »
and welcome from me too.

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 10:01:18, 22/01/19 »
Welcome from the Sussex coast

Rather be walking

« Reply #4 on: 10:06:35, 22/01/19 »
Hi meobeou, welcome from the south coast near the City of Portsmouth.
Jon.
““The hardest part was coming to terms with the constant dispiriting discovery that there is always more hill.”
― Bill Bryson, A Walk in the Woods

vghikers

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 10:26:29, 22/01/19 »
Welcome from Cheshire  :)
Mid Wales is one of our backpacking haunts, several times we have walked for ages in those hills without seeing a soul, brilliant if you don't mind some rough stuff.

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 11:14:28, 22/01/19 »
Welcome from Shropshire. Hope I am in that area early summer for the high meadows of swaying Ladies Smock above Llanbrynmair.
 One of my most memorable places, a ledge half way up Pystyll y Llyn, reached by a sheep trod contour from the footpath up Llechwedd Melyn en-route to Angler's Retreat.

BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 15:26:07, 22/01/19 »
Welcome from Old Portsmouth

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy